Gwyneth Paltrow Close to Sign Deal With Atlantic Records
Gwyneth Paltrow might release a debut album soon, following the footsteps of her husband singer Chris Martin. The Pepper Potts of "Iron Man" reportedly has been in advanced talks with Warner Music-owned label, Atlantic Records, to make a country music album.
"Gwyneth's agents have been talking to a number of labels about landing her a substantial record deal," a source told New York Post. The "Country Strong" allegedly is making country pop songs for her first official foray into music.
"Many labels would be reluctant to give a deal to a star whose first priority is film, but in recent weeks there have been discussions with Atlantic," the source continued. "Gwyneth is a very different name for Atlantic, and one who brings a lot of recognition."
Gwyneth first hinted the record deal back on February 27 when she walked the red carpet of the 83rd Annual Academy Awards in front of Kodak Theater in Los Angeles. She also named Jay-Z as one of her dream collaborators. "I think we'd be a good combination," she said. "He is a genius ... and I'm his biggest fan."
Jigga and his singer wife Beyonce Knowles are close friends of Gwyneth's family. She credited Beyonce as her inspiration for her Country Music Awards performance. "I studied Beyonce a lot and her concerts for her kind of confidence," she said.
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2