Gwyneth Paltrow Close to Sign Deal With Atlantic Records
Gwyneth Paltrow might release a debut album soon, following the footsteps of her husband singer Chris Martin. The Pepper Potts of "Iron Man" reportedly has been in advanced talks with Warner Music-owned label, Atlantic Records, to make a country music album.
"Gwyneth's agents have been talking to a number of labels about landing her a substantial record deal," a source told New York Post. The "Country Strong" allegedly is making country pop songs for her first official foray into music.
"Many labels would be reluctant to give a deal to a star whose first priority is film, but in recent weeks there have been discussions with Atlantic," the source continued. "Gwyneth is a very different name for Atlantic, and one who brings a lot of recognition."
Gwyneth first hinted the record deal back on February 27 when she walked the red carpet of the 83rd Annual Academy Awards in front of Kodak Theater in Los Angeles. She also named Jay-Z as one of her dream collaborators. "I think we'd be a good combination," she said. "He is a genius ... and I'm his biggest fan."
Jigga and his singer wife Beyonce Knowles are close friends of Gwyneth's family. She credited Beyonce as her inspiration for her Country Music Awards performance. "I studied Beyonce a lot and her concerts for her kind of confidence," she said.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?