Gwyneth Paltrow Close to Sign Deal With Atlantic Records
Gwyneth Paltrow might release a debut album soon, following the footsteps of her husband singer Chris Martin. The Pepper Potts of "Iron Man" reportedly has been in advanced talks with Warner Music-owned label, Atlantic Records, to make a country music album.
"Gwyneth's agents have been talking to a number of labels about landing her a substantial record deal," a source told New York Post. The "Country Strong" allegedly is making country pop songs for her first official foray into music.
"Many labels would be reluctant to give a deal to a star whose first priority is film, but in recent weeks there have been discussions with Atlantic," the source continued. "Gwyneth is a very different name for Atlantic, and one who brings a lot of recognition."
Gwyneth first hinted the record deal back on February 27 when she walked the red carpet of the 83rd Annual Academy Awards in front of Kodak Theater in Los Angeles. She also named Jay-Z as one of her dream collaborators. "I think we'd be a good combination," she said. "He is a genius ... and I'm his biggest fan."
Jigga and his singer wife Beyonce Knowles are close friends of Gwyneth's family. She credited Beyonce as her inspiration for her Country Music Awards performance. "I studied Beyonce a lot and her concerts for her kind of confidence," she said.
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent