'21st Century Girl' Video: Willow Smith Dances With Wolves
Willow Smith debuts a cinematic music video for her second single "21st Century Girl". The 10-year-old Roc Nation artist is raised from under the ground and pulls an entire city out of the desert sand. She parades around the city with a bunch of friends, runs with the wolves and breaks into a spontaneous outburst of dancing on the streets.
"21st Century Girl" is released to follow up Willow's chart-busting debut single "Whip My Hair", and will be listed in her upcoming first studio album. "It's about girls who can be themselves. They're walking toward their goal. They're thriving to be the best, 'cause you know that you can do it," she said in a behind-the-scene clip.
Its music video is directed by Rich Lee, and inspired by "vintage Versace, borrowing shapes from Marie Antoinette with very current pops of color." Her stylist Brea Stinson told Rap-Up, "The overall video was inspired by everything - the movie Blade Runner to Japanese street culture. 21st century girls aren't afraid to take risks and live their dreams, and we did our best to showcase that in the wardrobe."
Willow Smith is currently touring across the globe with fellow young singer Justin Bieber for international leg of his "My World" tour. The traveling show is expected to be followed by the release of her not-yet-titled album.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs