'21st Century Girl' Video: Willow Smith Dances With Wolves
Willow Smith debuts a cinematic music video for her second single "21st Century Girl". The 10-year-old Roc Nation artist is raised from under the ground and pulls an entire city out of the desert sand. She parades around the city with a bunch of friends, runs with the wolves and breaks into a spontaneous outburst of dancing on the streets.
"21st Century Girl" is released to follow up Willow's chart-busting debut single "Whip My Hair", and will be listed in her upcoming first studio album. "It's about girls who can be themselves. They're walking toward their goal. They're thriving to be the best, 'cause you know that you can do it," she said in a behind-the-scene clip.
Its music video is directed by Rich Lee, and inspired by "vintage Versace, borrowing shapes from Marie Antoinette with very current pops of color." Her stylist Brea Stinson told Rap-Up, "The overall video was inspired by everything - the movie Blade Runner to Japanese street culture. 21st century girls aren't afraid to take risks and live their dreams, and we did our best to showcase that in the wardrobe."
Willow Smith is currently touring across the globe with fellow young singer Justin Bieber for international leg of his "My World" tour. The traveling show is expected to be followed by the release of her not-yet-titled album.
More Willow Smith News
- Braless Kendall Risks Nip Slip in Revealing Gold Top, Kylie Flaunts Butt in Thong Bikini
- Ireland Baldwin Dances in the Ocean Completely Topless in Latest Love Advent Video
- The Ancient Princess Is Awakened in 'The Mummy' First Full Trailer
- Taylor Swift Sends Next Album's Material to Ex Tom Hiddleston - But Why?
- See Jennifer Aniston Help Vanessa Bayer Prepare for Rachel Spoof on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Selena Gomez Steps Out With New Haircut at Hollywood Hot Spot
- 'Moana' Remains at No. 1 at Box Office on Slow Weekend
- Are Steven Tyler and His 28-Year-Old Girlfriend Engaged? See the Proof