David Cassidy Fired From 'Celebrity Apprentice'
David Cassidy became the first cast sent home on the new season of "The Celebrity Apprentice" because his biggest contribution was a $1,000 piece of pizza bought by his daughter Katie Cassidy. The first task from Donald Trump was to run a pizzeria and sell as many slices as possible for charity.
Richard Hatch of "Survivor" fame stepped up as the first Project Manager to the men's team which is named Backbone. Star Jones took the lead in the women team, called ASAP. Cassidy immediately got in Hatch's way when he fed Hatch with suggestions while the project leader gave out orders to the team. "David, be quiet for one second," Hatch snapped.
While Lil Jon and John Rich pulled big money for the team, Cassidy failed to contribute much, leading to the team's loss. Team Backbone raised just over $54,000 while ASAP managed to rake in more than $115,000 in donations.
Trump thought Cassidy was having a hard time and fired him. After the boardroom, Cassidy said, "Richard Hatch is disrespectful. I probably could have punched him but that's not my style."
More The Celebrity Apprentice News
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor