Video: The Strokes Debut New Song 'Life Is Simple in the Moonlight'
The Strokes have just revealed another new song from their upcoming album. Julian Casablancas and his bandmates showcased "Life Is Simple in the Moonlight" when coming to visit "Saturday Night Live" over the weekend.
Their Saturday night performance was introduced by Miley Cyrus who was tapped to host the sketch comedy show. They also performed "Under Cover of Darkness", the first single from the upcoming studio album "Angles".
A follow-up to 2006 "First Impressions of Earth", "Angles" will be released across United States on March 22. "It's what the record sounds like," guitarist Albert Hammond Jr. said to Rolling Stone. "It comes from five different people."
"Life Is Simple" is a song recorded with producer Joe Chiccarelli at Avatar Studios in New York. "He was trying to do as little editing as possible to the point where we were at take 70 of a song. It felt so strict," guitarist Nick Valensi recalled the session.
More The Strokes News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!