PaleyFest: 'Walking Dead' Wants Charlie Sheen and No Outbreak Explanation
"The Walking Dead" opened the 2011 PaleyFest on March 4 in Beverly Hills' Saban Theater where creator Robert Kirkman uttered the most bizarre idea. Kirkman told THR that he wants Charlie Sheen to take part in the second season, proving once again that Sheen was right when he said that everybody wants to work with him now that "Two and a Half Men" is uncertain.
"Charlie call us, we will totally make that happen. We'll do whatever you want," Kirkman said to Sheen. The producer then continued, still sending a message to the troubled actor, "We'll recast YOU as Rick. Andrew Lincoln will find something else to do."
In more serious and logical statement, Kirkman said that Sheen perhaps could direct an episode, adding "Actually (Sheen) could play a car for all I care. He's awesome."
Inside the panel, Kirkman answered some questions regarding the show's story in season 2 which debuts this Fall. "I think we'll see Shane getting some action this season. Let's see," he said. Regarding whether there will be a love story between human and zombies, Kirkman quickly said, "I can absolutely rule that out. That's just awful."
He also confirmed that the new season will kick off where it left off, the explosion in the CDC building. "I still want them to be in the reactive phase of this incredibly intense thing that just occurred. What do we do now? I think that's where we are going to start," director Frank Darabont stated.
One thing that they won't explore is the explanation of how the zombie outbreak started. "I've made a vow never to reveal it in the graphic novels," said Kirkman who wrote the comic version. He explained further, "I don't know if we'll ever tell people how the zombies came about. I don't think it's important to the story which is about characters. When you delve into where they come from it delves into science fiction."
Nevertheless, new characters would be introduced as the old ones die. But Rick Grimes is guaranteed no coffin in season 2.
More The Walking Dead News
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?