PaleyFest: 'Walking Dead' Wants Charlie Sheen and No Outbreak Explanation
"The Walking Dead" opened the 2011 PaleyFest on March 4 in Beverly Hills' Saban Theater where creator Robert Kirkman uttered the most bizarre idea. Kirkman told THR that he wants Charlie Sheen to take part in the second season, proving once again that Sheen was right when he said that everybody wants to work with him now that "Two and a Half Men" is uncertain.
"Charlie call us, we will totally make that happen. We'll do whatever you want," Kirkman said to Sheen. The producer then continued, still sending a message to the troubled actor, "We'll recast YOU as Rick. Andrew Lincoln will find something else to do."
In more serious and logical statement, Kirkman said that Sheen perhaps could direct an episode, adding "Actually (Sheen) could play a car for all I care. He's awesome."
Inside the panel, Kirkman answered some questions regarding the show's story in season 2 which debuts this Fall. "I think we'll see Shane getting some action this season. Let's see," he said. Regarding whether there will be a love story between human and zombies, Kirkman quickly said, "I can absolutely rule that out. That's just awful."
He also confirmed that the new season will kick off where it left off, the explosion in the CDC building. "I still want them to be in the reactive phase of this incredibly intense thing that just occurred. What do we do now? I think that's where we are going to start," director Frank Darabont stated.
One thing that they won't explore is the explanation of how the zombie outbreak started. "I've made a vow never to reveal it in the graphic novels," said Kirkman who wrote the comic version. He explained further, "I don't know if we'll ever tell people how the zombies came about. I don't think it's important to the story which is about characters. When you delve into where they come from it delves into science fiction."
Nevertheless, new characters would be introduced as the old ones die. But Rick Grimes is guaranteed no coffin in season 2.
More The Walking Dead News
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs