Screen Captions of Lindsay Lohan's Surveillance Video Released
While talks about Lindsay Lohan's surveillance video are all over the web, a sneak peek to the said footage has hit the web in a form of screen captions. The troubled singer is clearly visible at these images - she is seen inside the store with a companion.
The troubled singer came to Kamofie & Co., a jeweler located near her new home in L.A.'s Venice Beach district, and tried on some jewelry pieces. The pictures were released as a teaser to the video capturing the moment when she allegedly stole a $2,500 necklace from the store.
The footage has been shopped around with its recent price tag reaching around $35,000, and it's expected to come out on Monday night, March 7. It has gone out to the Associated Press, who is handling the licensing and distribution of the tape and stills.
Lindsay has been charged with felony grand theft and is due back in court March 10. Since the case is still on going, both the prosecution and defense camps are upset with the video release because they believe it will complicate the case. "Neither side wanted it released," a source told Radar Online. "Neither side sanctioned this sale."
Kamofie & Co. spokesman Christopher Spencer defends the decision to release the tape, claiming that the case ruined their business. "Customers have stayed away from the store because of the paparazzi and the controversy," he said, adding that there is no profit motive because the money made from the release won't come close to covering the loses.
"There were literally thousands of media inquiries asking for the release of the video which is not secret evidence. The video would have been released during the trial anyway, as was stated by several prominent criminal attorneys," he stated. "We worked with the non-profit organization known as the Associated Press to allow legitimate journalists and news outlets access to the video."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'
- Scott Disick Once Asked Kourtney to Marry Him With a Ring but They 'Never Spoke About It Again'
- Hailee Steinfeld Releases EDM-Tinged Song 'Most Girls' in Full
- New 'Gotham' Photo Sparks Speculation That Barbara Is Harley Quinn
- 'America's Got Talent' Books Laverne Cox as Guest Judge for Season 12