Artist of the Week: Sara Evans
Six years after her last well-received studio album "Real Fine Place", Sara Evans now comes back "Stronger" than ever. The country music singer fills her new album with the kind of gutsy explorations on life and love that have made her one of the most compelling female vocalists of her generation.
Sara might haven't released an album for quite a long time, but she actually never went away. She maintained close contact with her fans by continuing to tour, writing books and dropping a greatest hits collection that included four new tunes. She took her time to make this new album, and now she thinks it's just the right time to share it with her devotees.
She said, "There were moments of feeling very anxious that I'd been off the radio for too long. [But] my manager said to me, 'You don't need to think about how long it's been or rushing into it. You just need to wait for the right song, and if you wait for the right song, it will all fall into place.' He kept saying, 'Don't make any decisions based on fear. Be patient. Know that your fans are there. They are waiting. Nobody is going anywhere'."
The lead single "A Little Bit Stronger" is climbing the charts, currently sitting at No. 15 on Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. It's a portrait of a survivor that carries an empowering message. "[It] is definitely something that I can relate to, and everyone else can too," she said. "Time really does heal everything. You come out on the other side, and you always are stronger from it."
Recalling the path she's gone through her career and seeing where she is now, Sara is grateful and determined to continue what she is good at. She stated, "My goal with this album and then all the albums to come is just to continue to make the very best music that I can possibly make." She will release the CD in the U.S. on March 8.
Next month, she will perform at 2011 ACM Concert at Fremont Street Experience. The gig will be held on consecutive nights, April 1-2, in downtown Las Vegas. It leads to the live telecast of the 46th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on April 3.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group