Elizabeth Hurley May Play Veronica Cale on 'Wonder Woman'
Elizabeth Hurley has landed a villainous role on the new "Wonder Woman" TV pilot by David E. Kelley. The British star made the announcement on her Twitter account on Thursday, March 3, writing "Thrilled to be doing the NBC pilot Wonder Woman. I'll be playing the evil villain. Can't wait."
Along with her tweet came new details about her evil role. E! Online reported that she would portray Veronica Cale who, according to the casting call, is "beautiful, highly-educated, highly accomplished". She runs one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the country, but she's afflicted with the serious deep-seated Wonder Woman envy.
Further in the breakdown, "Whatever she is, or will be in life...she'll never be her. And it causes her innards to rot. She loves men, but likes women. There might be an unstated chemistry between her and Wonder Woman, at least on her side."
The casting is not yet 100 percent official but if it's a deal then it marks her first acting role since the release of "Method" in 2004. Adrianne Palicki stars as the heroine.
More Wonder Woman News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked