Elizabeth Hurley May Play Veronica Cale on 'Wonder Woman'
Elizabeth Hurley has landed a villainous role on the new "Wonder Woman" TV pilot by David E. Kelley. The British star made the announcement on her Twitter account on Thursday, March 3, writing "Thrilled to be doing the NBC pilot Wonder Woman. I'll be playing the evil villain. Can't wait."
Along with her tweet came new details about her evil role. E! Online reported that she would portray Veronica Cale who, according to the casting call, is "beautiful, highly-educated, highly accomplished". She runs one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the country, but she's afflicted with the serious deep-seated Wonder Woman envy.
Further in the breakdown, "Whatever she is, or will be in life...she'll never be her. And it causes her innards to rot. She loves men, but likes women. There might be an unstated chemistry between her and Wonder Woman, at least on her side."
The casting is not yet 100 percent official but if it's a deal then it marks her first acting role since the release of "Method" in 2004. Adrianne Palicki stars as the heroine.
More Wonder Woman News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal