Elizabeth Hurley May Play Veronica Cale on 'Wonder Woman'
Elizabeth Hurley has landed a villainous role on the new "Wonder Woman" TV pilot by David E. Kelley. The British star made the announcement on her Twitter account on Thursday, March 3, writing "Thrilled to be doing the NBC pilot Wonder Woman. I'll be playing the evil villain. Can't wait."
Along with her tweet came new details about her evil role. E! Online reported that she would portray Veronica Cale who, according to the casting call, is "beautiful, highly-educated, highly accomplished". She runs one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the country, but she's afflicted with the serious deep-seated Wonder Woman envy.
Further in the breakdown, "Whatever she is, or will be in life...she'll never be her. And it causes her innards to rot. She loves men, but likes women. There might be an unstated chemistry between her and Wonder Woman, at least on her side."
The casting is not yet 100 percent official but if it's a deal then it marks her first acting role since the release of "Method" in 2004. Adrianne Palicki stars as the heroine.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes