David Cook Covers Simple Minds for 'American Idol' Farewell Song
David Cook has recorded a farewell song for "American Idol" season 10. The 2008 winner of
the singing contest covers Simple Minds' 1985 smash hit "Don't You (Forget About Me)", and its audio stream has been offered for fans' listening pleasure.
The song is chosen by "American Idol" creator and Executive Producer Simon Fuller and will air each week at the elimination night. It will also be offered as a free download on David's official site for those who pre-order his forthcoming album beginning March 3.
The album itself is still currently in the works to be released later this year. He works with producer Matt Serletic (Rob Thomas, Matchbox 20, Collective Soul). Two new songs, "Goodbye to the Girl" and "Paper Heart", were co-written by David and teased in an album teaser posted in January.
When visited by Entertainment Tonight on studio, he said, "This record was the most difficult, but I think the most gratifying record I've made to date," before adding "nothing good is ever easy." Talking more about the CD, he said it reflects the ups and downs of his life and admitted some of them came from "a bit of a darker place."
"I just wrote about life - and life's not always easy, it's not always fun. But I think those real moments are hopefully what's going to shine through. I want my fans to feel like when they listen to this record that I'm being honest with them."
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?