Christopher Nolan Is Wanted for New 'Blade Runner' Movie
After Alcon Entertainment and Warner Bros. announced they are close to acquire rights to "Blade Runner" franchise created by Ridley Scott, people are curious about producers' plans for the new movie. In an interview with io9, Andrew Kosove, Broderick Johnson and Bud Yorkin mention Christopher Nolan as a man on their wish list to work on the untitled Blade Runner project.
"Yeah our friend Chris Nolan who we did 'Insomnia' [with] would be in the pie in the sky for us," Kosove says. Asked if it means they are "going for the gritty realism that was in the original", he explains, "I think the methodology that Chris Nolan brought to Batman is precisely what we aspire to whomever the filmmaker is, whether Ridley comes back and joins us or it's someone else. It's precisely what we aspire to with Blade Runner, that's the template for us."
Despite mentioning Scott's name as a potential director, they note that the "Robin Hood" helmer has not officially signed up. "We won't say if we've reached out to Ridley Scott or not, but what we will say is that Ridley Scott's blessing to what we're doing is very important to Alcon," Kosove says. "It's important to Bud [Yorkin], and certainly we have the greatest degree of respect to him as a filmmaker. He's one of the greatest living directors and one of the greatest directors of all time. So of course he's very important."
To the site, the filmmaker also affirms a statement mentioned in a press release that they will not make a reboot/remake. "As a legal matter, we have not bought the remake rights we have no interest in remaking it we can only do prequels or sequels," Kosove reveals the reason.
But they still don't know whether the new film will be a sequel or a prequel. "We don't know, we just don't know yet. When we know, we'll let you know. We don't know yet it's too early," he claims, before adding "The only way to answer that is to say that we will have a process where we will hear hear different ideas from writers or potentially directors who we will bring in, in combination with the writers, before determining. We could be open to either a prequel or a sequel."
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?