Christopher Nolan Is Wanted for New 'Blade Runner' Movie
After Alcon Entertainment and Warner Bros. announced they are close to acquire rights to "Blade Runner" franchise created by Ridley Scott, people are curious about producers' plans for the new movie. In an interview with io9, Andrew Kosove, Broderick Johnson and Bud Yorkin mention Christopher Nolan as a man on their wish list to work on the untitled Blade Runner project.
"Yeah our friend Chris Nolan who we did 'Insomnia' [with] would be in the pie in the sky for us," Kosove says. Asked if it means they are "going for the gritty realism that was in the original", he explains, "I think the methodology that Chris Nolan brought to Batman is precisely what we aspire to whomever the filmmaker is, whether Ridley comes back and joins us or it's someone else. It's precisely what we aspire to with Blade Runner, that's the template for us."
Despite mentioning Scott's name as a potential director, they note that the "Robin Hood" helmer has not officially signed up. "We won't say if we've reached out to Ridley Scott or not, but what we will say is that Ridley Scott's blessing to what we're doing is very important to Alcon," Kosove says. "It's important to Bud [Yorkin], and certainly we have the greatest degree of respect to him as a filmmaker. He's one of the greatest living directors and one of the greatest directors of all time. So of course he's very important."
To the site, the filmmaker also affirms a statement mentioned in a press release that they will not make a reboot/remake. "As a legal matter, we have not bought the remake rights we have no interest in remaking it we can only do prequels or sequels," Kosove reveals the reason.
But they still don't know whether the new film will be a sequel or a prequel. "We don't know, we just don't know yet. When we know, we'll let you know. We don't know yet it's too early," he claims, before adding "The only way to answer that is to say that we will have a process where we will hear hear different ideas from writers or potentially directors who we will bring in, in combination with the writers, before determining. We could be open to either a prequel or a sequel."
- Report: Friends Fear for Lisa Rinna's Life as She Takes Pills to Stay Thin
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Anal Sex: 'It's Practically Standard in the Modern Bedroom Repertoire'
- Fashion Fail! Caitlyn Jenner Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Exposes Her Bra in Sheer Top
- Amy Schumer Drops Out of 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj