Ginnifer Goodwin Is Snow White on 'Once Upon a Time'
Now that "Big Love" is at the end of the line, Ginnifer Goodwin begins to channel her focus on new projects. Beside starring in big screen movies, the actress has signed up for another regular TV role in ABC's drama pilot "Once Upon a Time".
Goodwin is set to take the lead role as Snow White since the project is based on the fairytale story. Coming from the executive producers of "Lost", Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, it centers on a woman with a troubled past who is drawn into a small town in Maine where the magic and mystery of Fairy Tales just may be real.
In fact, Goodwin would pull a double duty as the alter ego, Sister Mary Margaret who is described as a beautiful woman with dark hair and very pale skin who has been placed under a wicked spell by the Evil Queen and is brought back from a living death by Prince Charming. Playing the Evil Queen is Lana Parrilla while playing Prince Charming is still unknown.
The decision of why 32-year-old actress is recruited for a princess role is perhaps because this Snow White is a mother. Mary's daughter may be the key to unlocking a spell cast by the Evil Queen, TV Guide reports.
British Mark Mylod, who directed the pilots for the UK series "Shameless" and its US version on Showtime, has signed up to direct the pilot.
More Once Upon a Time News
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other