Ginnifer Goodwin Is Snow White on 'Once Upon a Time'
Now that "Big Love" is at the end of the line, Ginnifer Goodwin begins to channel her focus on new projects. Beside starring in big screen movies, the actress has signed up for another regular TV role in ABC's drama pilot "Once Upon a Time".
Goodwin is set to take the lead role as Snow White since the project is based on the fairytale story. Coming from the executive producers of "Lost", Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, it centers on a woman with a troubled past who is drawn into a small town in Maine where the magic and mystery of Fairy Tales just may be real.
In fact, Goodwin would pull a double duty as the alter ego, Sister Mary Margaret who is described as a beautiful woman with dark hair and very pale skin who has been placed under a wicked spell by the Evil Queen and is brought back from a living death by Prince Charming. Playing the Evil Queen is Lana Parrilla while playing Prince Charming is still unknown.
The decision of why 32-year-old actress is recruited for a princess role is perhaps because this Snow White is a mother. Mary's daughter may be the key to unlocking a spell cast by the Evil Queen, TV Guide reports.
British Mark Mylod, who directed the pilots for the UK series "Shameless" and its US version on Showtime, has signed up to direct the pilot.
More Once Upon a Time News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation