Joining Twitter to Make Money, Charlie Sheen Sets World Record
Charlie Sheen has just scored "The Fastest Time to Reach 1 Million Followers" on Twitter. The star gained such huge followers in just 25 hours and 17 minutes, and he might owe it to a lot of attention, although some of them are negative publicity, that he received for the past few weeks due to his antics.
Sheen joined Twitter on Tuesday, March 1, and his achievement on the micro-blogging site was announced by the Guinness Book of Records on Thursday, March 3. "In all sincerity... Thank you Twitter community for the warm reception," he responded to the honor.
In addition, Sheen also got his account verified so quickly. He got help from a team of experts at Ad.ly, a small Beverly Hills start-up that focuses on celebrity endorsements via Facebook and Twitter. He spent a couple of hours on the phone with Ad.ly team, talking about Twitter tools; hashtags, bit.ly, twitpic, and how to use them to keep him engaged with his followers.
He joins a rank of such high-profile celebs as Lil Wayne, who set a new Guinness World Records title for the 'Most 'Likes' on a single Facebook post in 24 hours with 588,243 'Likes', and Lady GaGa, who is the Most-Searched-For-Female Artist on the Internet.
To TMZ, the 45-year-old explained his reason to open account on the social network, stating that since he was out of job from "Two and a Half Men" he wants to make fortune through advertising on the web. "I'm unemployed," he said, adding that Twitter is a "cash cow."
It seems that he indeed will cash in a lot of money - he has posted some pitchman-style poses in recent Twitter messages. He wrote in one of the messages, "Winning..! Choose your Vice..." and attached a link to a photo of him holding a bottle of chocolate milk with porn star Bree Olson.
More Charlie Sheen News
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character