'Dancing With the Stars 12' Line-Up Has No 'Real Front-Runner'
The 11 stars who would test their skill in hip shaking and hair whipping on "Dancing With the Stars" have been unveiled. Kendra Wilkinson and Kirstie Alley's name popped up among the rest of the line-up which included model, WWE wrestler, singer and talk show host.
"This is definitely my way of turning and finding my inner woman, being a lady. My life is so played out in the tabs and on TV, this is my way of showing a whole other side of me," Wilkinson says. "This is my way of not going to the club and booty-shaking and drinking alcohol. It's my way of showing class and elegance and that I'm having a good time on top of that."
Rumor has it Alley, who has been battling weight problem for years, will be paired with Maksim Chmerkovskiy who has not gone far in the competition since landing the runner-up position with Melanie Brown in season 5. But the official pairing will be revealed on Wednesday and the dancers will only have three weeks to prepare before the March 21 premiere.
Other names vying for the disco ball trophy are supermodel Petra Nemcova, singer Romeo, Pittsburgh Steeler Hines Ward, boxing champ Sugar Ray Leonard, WWE wrestler Chris Jericho, talk show host Wendy Williams, actors Ralph Macchio and Chelsea Kane, and radio host "Psycho" Mike Catherwood.
Talking about this season's line-up, Senior Producer Deena Katz said, "I think it's going to be a great season like last season, a really tough competition and you don't have any idea from the beginning who's going to go home. On this one, everybody stands on their own merit. There is no real front-runner."
The spring lineup:
- Kirstie Alley, 60, Emmy-winning actress
- Michael "Psycho Mike" Catherwood, 31, radio host
- Chris Jericho, 40, six-time WWE world champion
- Chelsea Staub, 22, actress, musician
- Sugar Ray Leonard, 54, former world boxing champion
- Ralph Macchio, 49, actor
- Petra Nemcova, 31, supermodel, reality host
- Lil' Romeo, 21, music artist, actor, entrepreneur
- Hines Ward, 34, Pittsburgh Steelers all-time leading wide receiver
- Kendra Wilkinson, 25, reality star
- Wendy Williams, 46, talk host
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard