First Clip From 'Larry Crowne' Featuring Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts
Appearing on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" shortly after 2011 Academy Awards, Tom Hanks brought a clip from his upcoming movie "Larry Crowne". The first footage shared from the drama comedy, it sees Hanks' titular character greeting Julia Roberts' character when they meet on the street.
Explaining why he picked this particular scene for preview, Hanks said, "I picked it out solely because - she plays my teacher, I play her student - I have never looked cooler in a motion picture before than in this scene." The story will see Crowne reinventing himself by going back to college after losing his job.
Beside taking the lead role, Hanks also directs and writes the movie. "Larry Crowne" will open wide in theaters across the nation on July 1.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture