First Clip From 'Larry Crowne' Featuring Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts
Appearing on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" shortly after 2011 Academy Awards, Tom Hanks brought a clip from his upcoming movie "Larry Crowne". The first footage shared from the drama comedy, it sees Hanks' titular character greeting Julia Roberts' character when they meet on the street.
Explaining why he picked this particular scene for preview, Hanks said, "I picked it out solely because - she plays my teacher, I play her student - I have never looked cooler in a motion picture before than in this scene." The story will see Crowne reinventing himself by going back to college after losing his job.
Beside taking the lead role, Hanks also directs and writes the movie. "Larry Crowne" will open wide in theaters across the nation on July 1.
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video