Confirmed: Adam Levine and Cee-Lo to Judge 'The Voice'
It is now a confirmed story that Adam Levine and Cee-Lo Green would front a new singing competition show that will give "American Idol" a heavy competition. NBC together with producer Mark Burnett have signed up the singers to judge "The Voice" which is due to premiere April 26 at 9/8c.
"I am so happy that Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green have joined the coach panel for 'The Voice'," Burnett tells EW. "Aside from being incredible voices, they bring years of experience in the music industry and a really cool vibe that has never been seen before on a music competition series."
Levine said in a statement, "I was absolutely thrilled to be invited by Mark Burnett to join The Voice as a coach. I look forward to working with these singers and helping them push forward throughout the competition to make their musical dreams become a reality." The Maroon 5 singer was picked for his good interaction with Jimmy Fallon during a "Late Night" show.
Meanwhile, Cee-Lo said, "It's an honor for me to be able to help mold a malleable and new talent in such a fashion as 'The Voice'. Being a coach on 'The Voice' is a substantial responsibility, and I take it with sincerity and distinction."
The show, which is based on a Dutch hit show, features three stages of competition. The first begins with the blind audition, then the competition enters into a battle phase, and finally, the live performance shows. Each coach will have their best contestant left standing to compete in the finale.
With Levine and Cee-Lo on board as judges and Carson Daly in as the host, the producers have two more slots to fill, a female judge and a coach. Words are, Christina Aguilera is still in talks to join the show as judge.
More The Voice News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival