Daniel Day-Lewis Also Mentioned for General Zod in 'Superman'
While there has been no confirmation on report that Viggo Mortensen is eyed to be General Zod in Zack Snyder's Superman movie, another name is thrown as possible depicter of the villain. According to Moviehole, Warner Bros. is considering Daniel Day-Lewis for "an unspecified role in this film." The site then speculates the British star is "also on the Zod wishlist."
Day-Lewis was previously widely linked to the role of Professor Moriarty in "Sherlock Holmes" sequel which is now officially titled "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows", but it never comes to fruition as Jared Harris is cast for the part. The Golden Globe-nominated actor is on board to play Abraham Lincoln in Steven Spielberg's biopic.
The new Superman movie which is tentatively called "The Man of Steel" has Henry Cavill set to play the title character. David S. Goyer provides the script and Snyder will serve behind the lens when the principal photography is kicked off in June as reported before.
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts