Daniel Day-Lewis Also Mentioned for General Zod in 'Superman'
While there has been no confirmation on report that Viggo Mortensen is eyed to be General Zod in Zack Snyder's Superman movie, another name is thrown as possible depicter of the villain. According to Moviehole, Warner Bros. is considering Daniel Day-Lewis for "an unspecified role in this film." The site then speculates the British star is "also on the Zod wishlist."
Day-Lewis was previously widely linked to the role of Professor Moriarty in "Sherlock Holmes" sequel which is now officially titled "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows", but it never comes to fruition as Jared Harris is cast for the part. The Golden Globe-nominated actor is on board to play Abraham Lincoln in Steven Spielberg's biopic.
The new Superman movie which is tentatively called "The Man of Steel" has Henry Cavill set to play the title character. David S. Goyer provides the script and Snyder will serve behind the lens when the principal photography is kicked off in June as reported before.
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'
- 'Tomb Raider' Remake Finds Villain in Walton Goggins
- Nicki Minaj Teams Up With Fetty Wap for 'Like a Star', Surprises Fans With New Bouncy Track
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'