Daniel Day-Lewis Also Mentioned for General Zod in 'Superman'
While there has been no confirmation on report that Viggo Mortensen is eyed to be General Zod in Zack Snyder's Superman movie, another name is thrown as possible depicter of the villain. According to Moviehole, Warner Bros. is considering Daniel Day-Lewis for "an unspecified role in this film." The site then speculates the British star is "also on the Zod wishlist."
Day-Lewis was previously widely linked to the role of Professor Moriarty in "Sherlock Holmes" sequel which is now officially titled "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows", but it never comes to fruition as Jared Harris is cast for the part. The Golden Globe-nominated actor is on board to play Abraham Lincoln in Steven Spielberg's biopic.
The new Superman movie which is tentatively called "The Man of Steel" has Henry Cavill set to play the title character. David S. Goyer provides the script and Snyder will serve behind the lens when the principal photography is kicked off in June as reported before.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival