Daniel Day-Lewis Also Mentioned for General Zod in 'Superman'
While there has been no confirmation on report that Viggo Mortensen is eyed to be General Zod in Zack Snyder's Superman movie, another name is thrown as possible depicter of the villain. According to Moviehole, Warner Bros. is considering Daniel Day-Lewis for "an unspecified role in this film." The site then speculates the British star is "also on the Zod wishlist."
Day-Lewis was previously widely linked to the role of Professor Moriarty in "Sherlock Holmes" sequel which is now officially titled "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows", but it never comes to fruition as Jared Harris is cast for the part. The Golden Globe-nominated actor is on board to play Abraham Lincoln in Steven Spielberg's biopic.
The new Superman movie which is tentatively called "The Man of Steel" has Henry Cavill set to play the title character. David S. Goyer provides the script and Snyder will serve behind the lens when the principal photography is kicked off in June as reported before.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off