Daniel Day-Lewis Also Mentioned for General Zod in 'Superman'
While there has been no confirmation on report that Viggo Mortensen is eyed to be General Zod in Zack Snyder's Superman movie, another name is thrown as possible depicter of the villain. According to Moviehole, Warner Bros. is considering Daniel Day-Lewis for "an unspecified role in this film." The site then speculates the British star is "also on the Zod wishlist."
Day-Lewis was previously widely linked to the role of Professor Moriarty in "Sherlock Holmes" sequel which is now officially titled "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows", but it never comes to fruition as Jared Harris is cast for the part. The Golden Globe-nominated actor is on board to play Abraham Lincoln in Steven Spielberg's biopic.
The new Superman movie which is tentatively called "The Man of Steel" has Henry Cavill set to play the title character. David S. Goyer provides the script and Snyder will serve behind the lens when the principal photography is kicked off in June as reported before.
More Man of Steel News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media