2011 Oscar: Florence Welch and Gwyneth Paltrow's Performances
Before the winner of Best Original Song was announced, Florence Welch and Gwyneth Paltrow took the stage of the 83rd Annual Academy Awards to perform the song nominees. The lead singer of Florence and the Machine made a duet with A. R. Rahman, while the Pepper Potts of "Iron Man" performed solo.
Florence sang Dido's lines in "If I Rise", a theme song of James Franco-starring movie "127 Hours". Gwyneth took the center stage, delivering "Coming Home" from her own flick "Country Strong". Both of them were introduced by Jennifer Hudson.
The other performances on that Sunday night came from Mandy Moore and Randy Newman. Mandy joined forces with Zachary Levi and Alan Menken in "Tangled" song "I See the Light", and Randy performed the winning song, "Toy Story 3" track "We Belong Together".
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- Watch The Heffleys' Messy Road Trip in 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul' First Teaser
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time