2011 Oscar: Florence Welch and Gwyneth Paltrow's Performances
Before the winner of Best Original Song was announced, Florence Welch and Gwyneth Paltrow took the stage of the 83rd Annual Academy Awards to perform the song nominees. The lead singer of Florence and the Machine made a duet with A. R. Rahman, while the Pepper Potts of "Iron Man" performed solo.
Florence sang Dido's lines in "If I Rise", a theme song of James Franco-starring movie "127 Hours". Gwyneth took the center stage, delivering "Coming Home" from her own flick "Country Strong". Both of them were introduced by Jennifer Hudson.
The other performances on that Sunday night came from Mandy Moore and Randy Newman. Mandy joined forces with Zachary Levi and Alan Menken in "Tangled" song "I See the Light", and Randy performed the winning song, "Toy Story 3" track "We Belong Together".
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance