Gwyneth Paltrow In Talks for Record Deal, Eying Duet With Jay-Z
Gwyneth Paltrow has been in talks for record deal, and she spilled it when walking the red carpet of the 83rd Annual Academy Awards in front of Kodak Theater in Los Angeles on February 27. "We're talking about it now," she said to Billy Bush of Access Hollywood. "So, we'll see."
Still at the same prize-giving event but in a separate interview, the "Country Strong" actress, who is set to perform at the show, names Jay-Z as one of her dream collaborators. "I think we'd be a good combination," she told Tim Gunn. "He is a genius -- and I'm his biggest fan."
Jigga and his singer wife Beyonce Knowles are close friends of Gwyneth's family. She even credited Beyonce as her inspiration for her Country Music Awards performance. "I studied Beyonce a lot and her concerts for her kind of confidence," she said.
Gwyneth has previously teamed up with Tim McGraw in "Me and Tennessee", a song her husband Chris Martin wrote for "Country Strong". She did her CMA performance with Vince Gill, and made a live duet with Cee-Lo Green at the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards. Thus, the recent Oscar gala became her first live solo performance.
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Jared Leto Spotted Enjoying Lunch Date With Rumored Girlfriend Valery Kaufman
- Braless Bella Thorne Looks Worn Out During Outing With Max Ehrich
- Comic-Con: Thor Trades His Hammer for Gun in New 'Ragnarok' Trailer
- Video: Ezra Miller Kisses a Male Fan on the Mouth at SDCC
- Ellen Page Receives Death Threats on Instagram: I Find Ellen and Kidnap Her and Kill Her Throat
- Artist of the Week: 21 Savage
- Prince William and Prince Harry Regret Last Short Phone Call With Princess Diana
- Linkin Park Pays Tribute to Chester Bennington by Launching Suicide-Prevention Site