Gwyneth Paltrow In Talks for Record Deal, Eying Duet With Jay-Z
Gwyneth Paltrow has been in talks for record deal, and she spilled it when walking the red carpet of the 83rd Annual Academy Awards in front of Kodak Theater in Los Angeles on February 27. "We're talking about it now," she said to Billy Bush of Access Hollywood. "So, we'll see."
Still at the same prize-giving event but in a separate interview, the "Country Strong" actress, who is set to perform at the show, names Jay-Z as one of her dream collaborators. "I think we'd be a good combination," she told Tim Gunn. "He is a genius -- and I'm his biggest fan."
Jigga and his singer wife Beyonce Knowles are close friends of Gwyneth's family. She even credited Beyonce as her inspiration for her Country Music Awards performance. "I studied Beyonce a lot and her concerts for her kind of confidence," she said.
Gwyneth has previously teamed up with Tim McGraw in "Me and Tennessee", a song her husband Chris Martin wrote for "Country Strong". She did her CMA performance with Vince Gill, and made a live duet with Cee-Lo Green at the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards. Thus, the recent Oscar gala became her first live solo performance.
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer