Gwyneth Paltrow In Talks for Record Deal, Eying Duet With Jay-Z
Gwyneth Paltrow has been in talks for record deal, and she spilled it when walking the red carpet of the 83rd Annual Academy Awards in front of Kodak Theater in Los Angeles on February 27. "We're talking about it now," she said to Billy Bush of Access Hollywood. "So, we'll see."
Still at the same prize-giving event but in a separate interview, the "Country Strong" actress, who is set to perform at the show, names Jay-Z as one of her dream collaborators. "I think we'd be a good combination," she told Tim Gunn. "He is a genius -- and I'm his biggest fan."
Jigga and his singer wife Beyonce Knowles are close friends of Gwyneth's family. She even credited Beyonce as her inspiration for her Country Music Awards performance. "I studied Beyonce a lot and her concerts for her kind of confidence," she said.
Gwyneth has previously teamed up with Tim McGraw in "Me and Tennessee", a song her husband Chris Martin wrote for "Country Strong". She did her CMA performance with Vince Gill, and made a live duet with Cee-Lo Green at the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards. Thus, the recent Oscar gala became her first live solo performance.
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding