2011 Oscar: Musical Tribute Ft. 'Deathly Hallows', 'Eclipse' and 'Social Network'
In its attempt to charm young audience, the Academy Awards brings Hip-Hop sound to its 83rd annual celebration on February 27 at the Kodak Theater in Los Angeles. Hosts James Franco and Anne Hathaway introduce a segment where some of fans' favorite movies are remixed into a musical piece with Auto-Tune.
"As we all know, this was the year of the movie musical," James confidently said. Trying to correct her partner, Anne replied, "I'm sorry, did I miss something? I thought there were hardly any musicals this year." He answered with the same confident tone, "Guess again, Anne."
The musical tribute kicks off with a reunion scene between Ron Wesley and Hermione Granger from "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I". "This ball of light, this tiny ball of light floated through my chest, floated through me right here," Rupert Grint sings as Emma Watson croons, "What exactly did it say, may I ask?"
Next, there is "Toy Story 3" with Woody singing, "Through every yard sale, we're still here, through every spring cleaning, we're all still here." Justin Timberlake's Sean Parker of "The Social Network" follows it with his "Facebook" Auto-Tuned conversation with his pals.
Before the piece ends, a scene of "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" featuring Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner is played with extra humor. A jealous Edward is not happy when seeing Jacob flaunting his six packs to Bella. "Doesn't he own a shirt," he croons. In the background, female singers answer him, "He's too sexy for a shirt" and speak Bella's mind, "She's so glad he doesn't have a shirt."
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars