2011 Oscar: Natalie Portman and Colin Firth Are Best Actress and Actor
Natalie Portman is officially the best actress in 2010. After hauled in various award events throughout the year for her role in "Black Swan", the Academy Awards recognizes her great acting with Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role trophy.
The currently pregnant star thanks "everyone who's ever hired me" for her win, and calls director Darren Aronofsky "a fearless leader." She wins the kudo after being nominated in the category along with Annette Bening ("The Kids Are All Right"), Jennifer Lawrence ("Winter's Bone"), Nicole Kidman ("Rabbit Hole") and Michelle Williams ("Blue Valentine")
Aronofsky, unfortunately, loses best director title to "The King's Speech" helmer Tom Hooper. The England-born filmmaker additionally edges out David O. Russell ("The Fighter"), David Fincher ("The Social Network") as well as Joel and Ethan Coen ("True Grit") for the prize.
"Thank you to all the members of the Academy. This is an extraordinary honor," Hooper states on his acceptance speech. "The morale of the story is listen to your mother." He also gives credits to the movie's actors Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush.
Later, Firth also takes the stage to deliver his own speech as he is chosen as best lead actor for his portrayal of King George VI in the British royal drama. "I have a feeling my career's just peaked," he says after receiving the award from last year's best actress winner, Sandra Bullock.
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie