2011 Oscar: James Franco in Drag, Anne Hathaway in Tux
His performance of Cher's "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me" may have been scrapped from the rundown, but James Franco managed to channel his inner drag at the Oscars. The host previously was scheduled to sing the "Burlesque" theme but since the movie was not nominated and Franco's voice reportedly was "too horrible", it was scrapped.
Franco, who is no stranger to doing drag, appeared on the stage of 2011 Academy Awards wearing an unflattering pink gown and Marilyn Monroe-style wig. His partner, Anne Hathaway meanwhile took the duty as the man by wearing a tux. They gave what was called "performance comedy" in between the prize-giving.
Hathaway sang to Hugh Jackman who hosted the Oscars in 2009 and was seated on the front row on purpose. She complained how Jackman had ditched her to sing "On My Own" with her when it's her time to host. "He stuck his fake retractable claws into my heart when he left me on my own," one of the lines said in reference to Jackman's role as Wolverine.
Franco meanwhile cracked the expected Charlie Sheen joke, claiming "Weird part is, I just got a text message from Charlie Sheen." The "Two and a Half Men" actor has been making headlines in the days leading to the Oscars with his rants about the TV show's creator Chuck Lorre and his partying ways with prostitutes.
According to previous reports, Franco and Hathaway would go through five costume changes during the entire event.
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!