2011 Oscar: James Franco and Anne Hathaway Spoof Nominees for Opening
The 2011 Academy Awards, which aims for fresher and more youthful look ceremony, has told Anne Hathaway and James Franco to do an "Inception". The two hosts taped an opening to the February 27 event, spoofing the nominated movies which include also "The King's Speech", "Black Swan" and "True Grit".
In the "Inception" segment, Hathaway and Franco entered Alec Baldwin's dream to steal the secret to hosting the Oscars. Baldwin, who was portrayed taking Ambien to sleep, was last year's host together with Steve Martin. Morgan Freeman narrated Baldwin's dreams because Baldwin likes his "soothing voice".
There was also a scene of Hathaway with double eye patches and pigtails on horseback with Franco in a bear suit as a reference to "True Grit". They then traveled to the past, meeting Colin Firth's King George VI and told him, "I have some news from the future. Microphones get smaller." Hathaway later dressed up as brown duck while Franco was in all-white leotard.
Traveling back to the present with a Back to the Future machine, Franco and Hathaway then popped up on the Oscars stage. "Anne, I must say you look beautiful and hip," Franco joked about the producers' intention to attract younger audience. Hathaway replied, "You look very appealing to a younger demographic as well."
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- BET Awards 2017: Beyonce Dominates Full Winner List
- Report: Prince Harry Plans to Give Meghan Markle Engagement Ring Made From Princess Diana's Bracelet
- Is Nicki Minaj on Safaree Samuels' Side in Meek Mill Beef?
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'