2011 Oscar: James Franco and Anne Hathaway Spoof Nominees for Opening
The 2011 Academy Awards, which aims for fresher and more youthful look ceremony, has told Anne Hathaway and James Franco to do an "Inception". The two hosts taped an opening to the February 27 event, spoofing the nominated movies which include also "The King's Speech", "Black Swan" and "True Grit".
In the "Inception" segment, Hathaway and Franco entered Alec Baldwin's dream to steal the secret to hosting the Oscars. Baldwin, who was portrayed taking Ambien to sleep, was last year's host together with Steve Martin. Morgan Freeman narrated Baldwin's dreams because Baldwin likes his "soothing voice".
There was also a scene of Hathaway with double eye patches and pigtails on horseback with Franco in a bear suit as a reference to "True Grit". They then traveled to the past, meeting Colin Firth's King George VI and told him, "I have some news from the future. Microphones get smaller." Hathaway later dressed up as brown duck while Franco was in all-white leotard.
Traveling back to the present with a Back to the Future machine, Franco and Hathaway then popped up on the Oscars stage. "Anne, I must say you look beautiful and hip," Franco joked about the producers' intention to attract younger audience. Hathaway replied, "You look very appealing to a younger demographic as well."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics