Viggo Mortensen Considered as 'Superman' Villain
Zack Snyder has chosen Henry Cavill to be the hero, and is now reportedly eying an actor to play the bad guy in his Superman film. Rumor has it, the helmer and producer Christopher Nolan are "zeroing in on an intriguing actor," Viggo Mortensen, to portray villainous General Zod.
The Hollywood Reporter says "The Road" actor is on top of the list to be the evil and super-powered scientist who was portrayed by Terrence Stamp in 1980's "Superman II". Sources tell the site that there has been no talk between Mortensen and the filmmakers, and that the actor is only listed as a "person of interest".
This means he is not the only one considered for the role, much like Kevin Costner who has been reported to play Clark Kent's father, Jonathan. Both Mortensen and Costner, however, are "the ones most seriously talked about" for their respective roles.
Beside looking for the depicters of Zod and Jonathan, Snyder is reportedly also in the middle of meeting with actors for the three female parts. As Zod is mentioned to appear in the movie, one of the female roles is believed to be Ursa, Zod's right-hand woman. Alice Eve, Rosamund Pike and Diane Kruger were rumored to be the female lead but no one is officially cast yet.
Snyder is on board to serve behind the lens for the movie, tentatively called "The Man of Steel". The script is written by David S. Goyer and principal photography is expected to start in June for possible December 2012 release.
- Shia LaBeouf Rips Drake, Lil Yachty and More in New Freestyle
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why She Thinks She's a Curse to Hawaiians
- First Footage of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveils Spidey's Classic Web Wings
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants to Reunite With Angelina Jolie Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Katie Holmes Finally Addresses Her 'Secret Relationship' With Jamie Foxx
- Watch Jessie J Writhe Around in 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' Video
- Kate McKinnon and T.J. Miller Go Wild in New 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- New 'The Walking Dead' Photo Teases Graphic Scene for Carl in 'Sing Me a Song'