New 'Glee' Original Songs 'Loser Like Me' and 'Get It Right' Debuted
Two new original songs which are going to be featured in a March 15 episode of "Glee" have just surfaced. One titled "Loser Like Me" is sung by New Direction members with Lea Michele and Cory Monteith on the lead, while the other called "Get It Right" features Michele solo.
Michele kicks in the "Loser", "Yeah, you may think that I'm a zero/ But hey, everyone you wanna be/ Probably started off like me/ You may say that I'm a freak show/ But hey, give it just a little time/ I bet you're gonna change your mind." Monteith follows later, "Pushed me up against the locker/ But hey, all I do is shake it off/ I'll get you back when I'm your boss." And the rest adds, "You wanna be/ You wanna be/ A loser like me."
The song is co-written by Max Martin, the mastermind behind some of Britney Spears' hit singles including the recent track "Hold It Against Me". "Glee" music director Adam Anders told Entertainment Weekly that the "Loser" is a "Gleek anthem. It's a very uptempo, kind-of-summery hit."
In the "Get It Right", Michele croons, "What can you do/ When your good isn't good enough/ And all that you touch tumbles down/ 'Cause my best intentions keep making a mess of things/ I just want to fix it somehow/ But how many times will it take for me to get it right?"
The track is specifically written for Rachel Berry. "Lea's storyline kind of inspired that song for me," Anders gushed. "Basically, you try to do everything right and you have good motivations with everything you're doing but everything ends up going wrong. How many times will it take for me to get it right?"
Before featured in the March episode titled "Original Song", the two new tracks, which were debuted on Ryan Seacrest's radio show, will be released in "Glee" latest songs compilation "Glee: The Music, Volume 5". The CD includes fourteen other remixed songs and is due in the U.S. on March 8.
"Glee: The Music, Volume 5" tracklisting:
- "Thriller/Heads Will Roll"
- "Need You Now"
- "She's Not There"
- "Fat Bottomed Girls"
- "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)"
- "Somebody to Love"
- "Take Me or Leave Me"
- "Don't You Want Me"
- "Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)"
- "Get It Right"
- "Loser Like Me"
"Get It Right":
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group