'Bourne Legacy' Contenders: Jake Gyllenhaal, Josh Hartnett, Kellan Lutz and More
Tony Gilroy is reportedly in the middle of searching for a lead actor of his upcoming directed film "The Bourne Legacy". Variety heard from insiders that Jake Gyllenhaal ("Love and Other Drugs"), Tobey Maguire ("Brothers"), Garrett Hedlund ("Tron Legacy"), Taylor Kitsch ("X-Men Origins: Wolverine") and Kellan Lutz ("Twilight" series) are among the contenders to take the coveted role that is not Jason Bourne.
Soon after, Deadline Hollywood added some other names to the short list. Those, who have met with Gilroy or are otherwise in the mix, reportedly are Josh Hartnett ("Black Hawk Down"), Michael Fassbender ("Inglourious Basterds"), Joel Edgerton ("Animal Kingdom"), Paul Dano ("There Will Be Blood"), Michael Pitt ("Boardwalk Empire"), Oscar Isaac ("Robin Hood"), Luke Evans ("Clash of the Titans"), Alex Pettyfer ("I Am Number Four") and Benjamin Walker ("Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson").
In its report, Variety notes that "no front-runner has emerged." Meanwhile, the character that will be portrayed by the chosen actor is a new assassin with a background similar to Matt Damon's Bourne's. The site additionally says production is scheduled to begin this spring, but Deadline mentions fall start date for the fourth "Bourne" film.
Gilroy is brought in to direct "Bourne Legacy" after Paul Greengrass parted ways with the hit franchise. Gilroy wrote the script for the previous three "Bourne" films and will also provide the screenplay for the next installment. Universal Pictures has set August 3, 2012 as a release date for the movie.
The filmmaker has said the upcoming project will not be "a reboot or a recast or a prequel." He explained, "Jason Bourne will not be in this film, but he's very much alive. What happened in the first three films is the trigger for what happens. I'm building a legend and an environment and a wider conspiracy."
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- 'Supernatural': Mark Sheppard Won't Return as Series Regular in Season 13