First Trailer for 'A Better Life' From 'New Moon' Helmer
After directing "The Twilight Saga's New Moon", Chris Weitz makes a vampire-less drama "A Better Life" which has now been previewed in the first trailer debuted via Los Angeles Times. It tells a touching story of a relationship between a son and his father.
Dreaming of a better life for his son Luis, illegal immigrant Carlos buys a used track and gardening equipment to start a business so his son can enter a better school. When Carlos' truck is stolen, the father is powerless to turn to law enforcement, but the crisis brings him closer to his potentially wayward son.
"It's a story about a Mexican immigrant, a very hard-working man, and the threats to his livelihood and his life," Weitz, who is also famous for directing "About a Boy", explains about his forthcoming film. The director "shot the film in about 70 Southern California locations, employing any number of Latino crew members for a movie that contains a significant amount of Spanish dialog," LA Times reports.
Mexican actor Demian Bichir stars as Carlos, with Jose Julian playing his teenage son. Eric Eason ("A Journey to the End of Night") writes the script and Summit Entertainment plans to distribute the film in U.S. theaters on June 24.
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'