First Trailer for 'A Better Life' From 'New Moon' Helmer
After directing "The Twilight Saga's New Moon", Chris Weitz makes a vampire-less drama "A Better Life" which has now been previewed in the first trailer debuted via Los Angeles Times. It tells a touching story of a relationship between a son and his father.
Dreaming of a better life for his son Luis, illegal immigrant Carlos buys a used track and gardening equipment to start a business so his son can enter a better school. When Carlos' truck is stolen, the father is powerless to turn to law enforcement, but the crisis brings him closer to his potentially wayward son.
"It's a story about a Mexican immigrant, a very hard-working man, and the threats to his livelihood and his life," Weitz, who is also famous for directing "About a Boy", explains about his forthcoming film. The director "shot the film in about 70 Southern California locations, employing any number of Latino crew members for a movie that contains a significant amount of Spanish dialog," LA Times reports.
Mexican actor Demian Bichir stars as Carlos, with Jose Julian playing his teenage son. Eric Eason ("A Journey to the End of Night") writes the script and Summit Entertainment plans to distribute the film in U.S. theaters on June 24.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal