Video Premiere: Jennifer Hudson's 'Where You At'
Jennifer Hudson is lonesome in "Where You At" music video, waiting in the freezing cold but her man is a no-show. The former contestant of "American Idol" shot the video in Chicago during one of the harshest winter storms to date last month with Anthony Mandler sitting behind the lens.
"Where You At" is the first official single from Jennifer's upcoming sophomore set "I Remember Me". She said, "This song to me is like what I always wanted to do vocally. As an aspiring writer, just the subject of it means so much to me. It's simple and it's something we say every day."
She plans to release the new album in the United States on March 22. The title is based on her poem which was later composed into a song and co-written by OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder. Also making contribution to the album are Alicia Keys, Swizz Beatz, Rich Harrison, Ne-Yo and Stargate.
"I'm excited about this album because it's almost like a renewal for me, reflected through the chapters of my life," she said. "I've called it 'I Remember Me' because of the journey I've been on. I've learned that life constantly surprises you, no matter your plans. My fans have been so loyal, I feel like they have been on this journey with me and I can't wait for them to hear the new album."
Jennifer Hudson's "Where You At" music video
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media