First Official Look at James Franco in 'Rise of the Apes'
After "127 Hours", one of James Franco's next films is a potential blockbuster "Caesar: Rise of the Apes". Now the first official image of him in the "Planet of the Apes" prequel has popped up, giving a look at the actor as young scientist Will Rodman.
Franco's character becomes a crucial figure in the war between humans and apes after he makes a breakthrough while studying the development of intelligence in apes. The story is set in contemporary San Francisco.
Andy Serkis is cast as Caesar, the intelligent chimpanzee that will provoke the revolt against human, while John Lithgow and Freida Pinto play Franco's Alzheimer's-stricken father and primatologist Caroline respectively. Tom Felton is additionally cast in the film.
Rupert Wyatt serves as a director for "Rise of the Apes" which is going to be dropped by 20th Century Fox in theaters across the U.S. on November 23. Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver write the script for the action sci-fi movie.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna