First Official Look at James Franco in 'Rise of the Apes'
After "127 Hours", one of James Franco's next films is a potential blockbuster "Caesar: Rise of the Apes". Now the first official image of him in the "Planet of the Apes" prequel has popped up, giving a look at the actor as young scientist Will Rodman.
Franco's character becomes a crucial figure in the war between humans and apes after he makes a breakthrough while studying the development of intelligence in apes. The story is set in contemporary San Francisco.
Andy Serkis is cast as Caesar, the intelligent chimpanzee that will provoke the revolt against human, while John Lithgow and Freida Pinto play Franco's Alzheimer's-stricken father and primatologist Caroline respectively. Tom Felton is additionally cast in the film.
Rupert Wyatt serves as a director for "Rise of the Apes" which is going to be dropped by 20th Century Fox in theaters across the U.S. on November 23. Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver write the script for the action sci-fi movie.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support