'American Idol': J.Lo Cries After Sending Chris Medina Home
Jennifer Lopez broke into tears in the February 23 episode of "American Idol". The female judge couldn't hold back her tears when announcing that the aspiring singer didn't make it to the next round, "It honestly breaks my heart to say this, but you did not make it into the top 24."
Chris seemed to take the news quite well, saying calmly to the camera "Now I'm gonna go home and keep writing music, you know, take care of my fiancee and make a miracle happen." This guy touched viewers' hearts with his story of staying devoted to his fiancee who is suffering from brain damage.
And J.Lo felt bad for sending the kind-hearted man home. "I just don't feel like I told him in the right way ... I felt so bad," she choked back her tears. "I don't want to do this any more." Fellow judges Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler comforted her. Randy told her in assurance tone, "You did it the best way possible."
In this episode, all contestants were required to sing their renditions of The Beatles' songs, and Chris sang "A Hard Day's Night" with Casey Abrams and delivered Coldplay's "Fix You" solo. Also going home that night were Hollie Cavanagh, LaKeisha Lewis, Alex Ryan and DeAndre Brackensick.
Talking to Hollie, J.Lo said of her elimination, "I was outvoted here. I wanted to put you through. I honestly think you have one of the best voices, and you belong in the top 24. In a year or two, honestly, Hollie, I feel like you could come back and win."
Paul McDonald and Kendra Chantelle successfully wowed the judges with their duet of "Blackbird". Paul, additionally, was praised as an "idol material" after singing his solo set. He advanced to the Top 24. The other ones who go to the next round are Naima Adedapo, Clint Jun Gamboa, Haley Reinhart and Ashthon Jones. The rest of the semifinalists will be revealed on the next episode.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'