'American Idol': J.Lo Cries After Sending Chris Medina Home
Jennifer Lopez broke into tears in the February 23 episode of "American Idol". The female judge couldn't hold back her tears when announcing that the aspiring singer didn't make it to the next round, "It honestly breaks my heart to say this, but you did not make it into the top 24."
Chris seemed to take the news quite well, saying calmly to the camera "Now I'm gonna go home and keep writing music, you know, take care of my fiancee and make a miracle happen." This guy touched viewers' hearts with his story of staying devoted to his fiancee who is suffering from brain damage.
And J.Lo felt bad for sending the kind-hearted man home. "I just don't feel like I told him in the right way ... I felt so bad," she choked back her tears. "I don't want to do this any more." Fellow judges Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler comforted her. Randy told her in assurance tone, "You did it the best way possible."
In this episode, all contestants were required to sing their renditions of The Beatles' songs, and Chris sang "A Hard Day's Night" with Casey Abrams and delivered Coldplay's "Fix You" solo. Also going home that night were Hollie Cavanagh, LaKeisha Lewis, Alex Ryan and DeAndre Brackensick.
Talking to Hollie, J.Lo said of her elimination, "I was outvoted here. I wanted to put you through. I honestly think you have one of the best voices, and you belong in the top 24. In a year or two, honestly, Hollie, I feel like you could come back and win."
Paul McDonald and Kendra Chantelle successfully wowed the judges with their duet of "Blackbird". Paul, additionally, was praised as an "idol material" after singing his solo set. He advanced to the Top 24. The other ones who go to the next round are Naima Adedapo, Clint Jun Gamboa, Haley Reinhart and Ashthon Jones. The rest of the semifinalists will be revealed on the next episode.
More American Idol News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage