Katy Perry Not Impressed With Britney's Product Placement Music Video
Katy Perry slams fellow artists' recent advertisement-friendly music videos. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker wrote on her Twitter, "Do it w/style & grace...Not so in ur face like some. U hv to get creative w/it. Some artists don't care tho, & u can tell."
The short message is a reply to Marina and the Diamonds' tweet which questioned, "What is consensus on product placement in videos? As a fan, do you prefer product placement if it means bigger budget vid?"
Although no name is attached to those posts, many quickly linked them to Britney Spears' "Hold It Against Me" music video. TMZ reported Britney earned $500,000 for putting some blatant ads for Sony, Radiance perfume, Make Up Forever cosmetics and Plentyoffish.com in the clip.
Beside Britney, another artist who recently made an advertisement-friendly music video is Avril Lavigne. The 26 year-old pop punk singer makes use of her "What the Hell" clip to promote some Sony electronic products as well as her own products including Black Star perfume and Abbey Dawn clothing.
When Perry talked about having the advertisement with "style & grace," she might refer to her previous music videos which also have some product placements. Just to name one, there is "Waking Up in Vegas" video which features a famous-brand cell phone being plugged into a car stereo's dock and playing her own music.
Katy Perry is upset that Media accused her of dissing Britney Spears. In her more recent posts, she wrote, "Dear tabloid media aka FILTH: pls note I expressed an overall feeling bout product placement, their roles in vids & the art of them being complimenting or sticking out. Most, if not ALL popsters welcome deals w/products 2 offset costs of big budget vids in these recessional music industry times."
"I'VE used them in MY vids before & am happy 2b able 2 make a better vid because of. Once AGAIN, stop pitting artists.. against artist for ur sensational satisfaction & stick to what ur best @: lying, gossiping, exaggerating & overall lending a hand 2 the deterioration of a generation."
More Katy Perry News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video