'The Voice' Eyes Cee-Lo, Adam Levine and Christina Aguilera
If FOX has Randy Jackson, Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez, NBC could have Cee-Lo, Adam Levine and Christina Aguilera. In its new report, EW learned that the Peacock is planning an all-star line-up for the judging panel of "The Voice", a new singing competition that may give "American Idol" a run for its money.
While Cee-Lo and Levine are "in serious discussions" to join the project by Mark Burnett, two "unconfirmed sources" said Aguilera is not yet close to a deal but the network is indeed looking for a major female star. Other names which have been put into consideration are Lenny Kravitz, Roger Daltrey, Mary J. Blige, John Legend and Enrique Iglesias. The host, meanwhile, is confirmed to be Carson Daly.
The deal with male singers is expected to be closed within the next few days while the other judge will be officially signed sometime next week. "If hired, Cee Lo and Levine, along with the third judge, should lend some name recognition and industry experience to the show, as well as generate press interest," EW said.
Cee-Lo, recently performed his nominated song "Forget You" at 2011 Grammy Awards along with Gwyneth Paltrow and also appeared as the musical guest on NBC's "Saturday Night Live". Levine's band Maroon 5 released their album last fall and performed at Super Bowl's pre-game earlier this month.
"The Voice" is based on a Dutch hit show where the judges won't see a contestant while they audition. This way, judges will make their decision based on the voice. Once they approve the performance, they will hit a button and their chairs will turn around. Contestants will also be allowed to interact with fans and build a fan base.
More The Voice News
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung