Hallmark Announces 'William & Kate: A Royal Love Story'
Lifetime is not the only channel aiming to cash in on Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding this April. Hallmark has announced that they are fast-tracking a TV movie about the royal couple with the title "William & Kate: A Royal Love Story".
"The love story of Prince William and Kate Middleton, which will culminate April 29, 2011, in the biggest royal wedding since Charles and Diana, chronicles the pair as young students at St. Andrews, William's Army training at Sandhurst Military Academy, their break-up, reunification, engagement and planning of royal nuptials, and advice from William's grandmother, the Queen," said Hallmark senior VP original programming Barbara Fisher.
Linda Yellen, who executive produced CBS' 1982 documentary "The Royal Romance of Charles and Diana", wrote and will produce the biopic. Hallmark is set to release it on August 13 at 9/8c.
Meanwhile, Lifetime's movie, "William & Kate", stars Nico Evers-Swindell as Prince William and Camilla Luddington as Kate Middleton. It will air around the time of the wedding in London.
More Prince William News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen