Hallmark Announces 'William & Kate: A Royal Love Story'
Lifetime is not the only channel aiming to cash in on Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding this April. Hallmark has announced that they are fast-tracking a TV movie about the royal couple with the title "William & Kate: A Royal Love Story".
"The love story of Prince William and Kate Middleton, which will culminate April 29, 2011, in the biggest royal wedding since Charles and Diana, chronicles the pair as young students at St. Andrews, William's Army training at Sandhurst Military Academy, their break-up, reunification, engagement and planning of royal nuptials, and advice from William's grandmother, the Queen," said Hallmark senior VP original programming Barbara Fisher.
Linda Yellen, who executive produced CBS' 1982 documentary "The Royal Romance of Charles and Diana", wrote and will produce the biopic. Hallmark is set to release it on August 13 at 9/8c.
Meanwhile, Lifetime's movie, "William & Kate", stars Nico Evers-Swindell as Prince William and Camilla Luddington as Kate Middleton. It will air around the time of the wedding in London.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift