Hallmark Announces 'William & Kate: A Royal Love Story'
Lifetime is not the only channel aiming to cash in on Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding this April. Hallmark has announced that they are fast-tracking a TV movie about the royal couple with the title "William & Kate: A Royal Love Story".
"The love story of Prince William and Kate Middleton, which will culminate April 29, 2011, in the biggest royal wedding since Charles and Diana, chronicles the pair as young students at St. Andrews, William's Army training at Sandhurst Military Academy, their break-up, reunification, engagement and planning of royal nuptials, and advice from William's grandmother, the Queen," said Hallmark senior VP original programming Barbara Fisher.
Linda Yellen, who executive produced CBS' 1982 documentary "The Royal Romance of Charles and Diana", wrote and will produce the biopic. Hallmark is set to release it on August 13 at 9/8c.
Meanwhile, Lifetime's movie, "William & Kate", stars Nico Evers-Swindell as Prince William and Camilla Luddington as Kate Middleton. It will air around the time of the wedding in London.
More Prince William News
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'