Hallmark Announces 'William & Kate: A Royal Love Story'
Lifetime is not the only channel aiming to cash in on Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding this April. Hallmark has announced that they are fast-tracking a TV movie about the royal couple with the title "William & Kate: A Royal Love Story".
"The love story of Prince William and Kate Middleton, which will culminate April 29, 2011, in the biggest royal wedding since Charles and Diana, chronicles the pair as young students at St. Andrews, William's Army training at Sandhurst Military Academy, their break-up, reunification, engagement and planning of royal nuptials, and advice from William's grandmother, the Queen," said Hallmark senior VP original programming Barbara Fisher.
Linda Yellen, who executive produced CBS' 1982 documentary "The Royal Romance of Charles and Diana", wrote and will produce the biopic. Hallmark is set to release it on August 13 at 9/8c.
Meanwhile, Lifetime's movie, "William & Kate", stars Nico Evers-Swindell as Prince William and Camilla Luddington as Kate Middleton. It will air around the time of the wedding in London.
More Prince William News
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz
- Chris Brown Throws Pool Party for Daughter Royalty's Third Birthday
- Fifth Harmony Teases New Single With Mysterious Riddles on Snapchat
- Beyonce Shows Off Huge Baby Bump in Tiny Bikini
- Britney Spears Steps Out for Dinner Date With Beau Sam Asghari in Malibu
- Prince William Regrets That Princess Diana Will Never Meet His Family in Revealing Interview
- 'Paddington 2' First Teaser Sees the Return of the Beloved Peruvian Bear
- Adam Levine Flaunts 'True Love' Tattoo as He Grabs Behati Prinsloo's Booty