Justin Timberlake and Johnny Knoxville Could Be Part of 'The Three Stooges'
Bobby and Peter Farrelly, who have been attached since 2008 to direct "The Three Stooges" feature film, have given an update from the project. According to Boston Herald, the filmmaker duo are considering Justin Timberlake, Johnny Knoxville and "$#*! My Dad Says" star Will Sasso for the three lead roles.
The Farrelly brothers are additionally said to have reached out to "Kingpin" star Woody Harrelson and Larry David about their possibility to play Larry. Hank Azaria is allegedly also considered for the role of Moe, while there is a host of unknowns as an alternative of Curly depicter.
"We haven't cast it yet, we haven't picked anyone," Bobby says. "It's a little tricky, right? Because they all have to be about the same age and even around the same height. We're waiting for that first person that we're going to say, 'This is going to be our Moe, Larry or Curly' and we'll build around that. But it's going to happen soon. It will be within three weeks."
The movie will be shot in Georgia as Bobby claims, "We need good weather, so we have to head south. And unfortunately for Massachusetts, Georgia has a better tax incentive and that's huge. We save millions by going down there and you just can't talk the studio out of it." To Orlando Sentinel, they reveal the planned start date for the movie which is April 18.
On how they will bring the comedy act into a big screen, they explain, "It's not a biopic.... It's 'The Three Stooges' as know them - look the same, sound the same, same sound effects every time somebody gets hit or whatever. But we wrote them all new episodes and these episodes take place in the present day."
At one point, "The Three Stooges" film was going to have an all-star cast with Sean Penn, Benicio Del Toro and Jim Carrey playing the legendary knuckleheads. The upcoming comedy has a script written by Bobby and Peter Farrelly.
Justin Timberlake took part in critically acclaimed film "The Social Network". Johnny Knoxville recently starred in "Jackass 3D" and will be featured again in the follow-up "Jackass 3.5". Will Sasso, meanwhile, landed a supporting role in "Life as We Know It".
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series