'Dark Knight Rises': Tom Hardy's Bane Won't Look Like the One in 'Batman & Robin'
Tom Hardy has spoken up about his role in "The Dark Knight Rises" when appearing on British talk show "Alan Carr: Chatty Man". And good news for fans who are not into the way the villainous character looked in "Batman & Robin", the "Inception" star has stated that his version will be significantly different from the one in the 1997 film.
"Have you seen Joel Schumacher's 'Batman & Robin'? Doesn't look very menacing, does he?" Hardy starts his explanation with rhetoric questions. "Christopher Nolan will revisit the character so I wouldn't go by that at all." Asked further if he would wear Bane's mask in the film, he jokingly answers, "Only if I feel like it!"
On his preparation to play Bane, Hardy shares, "I'm going to need to bulk up a lot for it. That's a lot of weight to put on and I've got to start shooting in May." He continues, "I've got to go up to about 13 or 14 stone. I'm 12 and a bit now, so I only have a few months to do that."
"The Dark Knight Rises" will start production this summer with Christopher Nolan serving as a director. Christian Bale is set to reprise his role as Bruce Wayne and Anne Hathaway is tapped to play Selina Kyle. Hardy's "Inception" co-star Joseph Gordon-Levitt reportedly is also cast in the movie.
The third film in Nolan's "Batman" trilogy is slated to open wide in the U.S. on July 20, 2012.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show