'Dark Knight Rises': Tom Hardy's Bane Won't Look Like the One in 'Batman & Robin'
Tom Hardy has spoken up about his role in "The Dark Knight Rises" when appearing on British talk show "Alan Carr: Chatty Man". And good news for fans who are not into the way the villainous character looked in "Batman & Robin", the "Inception" star has stated that his version will be significantly different from the one in the 1997 film.
"Have you seen Joel Schumacher's 'Batman & Robin'? Doesn't look very menacing, does he?" Hardy starts his explanation with rhetoric questions. "Christopher Nolan will revisit the character so I wouldn't go by that at all." Asked further if he would wear Bane's mask in the film, he jokingly answers, "Only if I feel like it!"
On his preparation to play Bane, Hardy shares, "I'm going to need to bulk up a lot for it. That's a lot of weight to put on and I've got to start shooting in May." He continues, "I've got to go up to about 13 or 14 stone. I'm 12 and a bit now, so I only have a few months to do that."
"The Dark Knight Rises" will start production this summer with Christopher Nolan serving as a director. Christian Bale is set to reprise his role as Bruce Wayne and Anne Hathaway is tapped to play Selina Kyle. Hardy's "Inception" co-star Joseph Gordon-Levitt reportedly is also cast in the movie.
The third film in Nolan's "Batman" trilogy is slated to open wide in the U.S. on July 20, 2012.
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer