'Dark Knight Rises': Tom Hardy's Bane Won't Look Like the One in 'Batman & Robin'
Tom Hardy has spoken up about his role in "The Dark Knight Rises" when appearing on British talk show "Alan Carr: Chatty Man". And good news for fans who are not into the way the villainous character looked in "Batman & Robin", the "Inception" star has stated that his version will be significantly different from the one in the 1997 film.
"Have you seen Joel Schumacher's 'Batman & Robin'? Doesn't look very menacing, does he?" Hardy starts his explanation with rhetoric questions. "Christopher Nolan will revisit the character so I wouldn't go by that at all." Asked further if he would wear Bane's mask in the film, he jokingly answers, "Only if I feel like it!"
On his preparation to play Bane, Hardy shares, "I'm going to need to bulk up a lot for it. That's a lot of weight to put on and I've got to start shooting in May." He continues, "I've got to go up to about 13 or 14 stone. I'm 12 and a bit now, so I only have a few months to do that."
"The Dark Knight Rises" will start production this summer with Christopher Nolan serving as a director. Christian Bale is set to reprise his role as Bruce Wayne and Anne Hathaway is tapped to play Selina Kyle. Hardy's "Inception" co-star Joseph Gordon-Levitt reportedly is also cast in the movie.
The third film in Nolan's "Batman" trilogy is slated to open wide in the U.S. on July 20, 2012.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes