Minnie Driver Cast as Lead Role on 'Hail Mary'
Minnie Driver will be fighting crime in CBS drama pilot "Hail Mary" which recently saw "The L Word" creator Ilene Chaiken joining as the executive producer. Driver will take the lead role as a single mom who teams up with a hustler to solve crimes as private investigators.
"Hail Mary" will be shot in Atlanta under the creative direction of Brad Siberling and using the script from Jeff Wadlow. In the production team, Chaiken joins forces with Joel Silver.
Before signing up for this pilot, Driver had circled NBC's comedy pilot "Free Agents" but the deal did not come true. She had a guest starring role on "Modern Family" and landed roles in "Conviction" and "Barney's Version".
The last time Driver was a regular of a TV show was when "The Riches" aired for two seasons in FX in 2008.
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo