Minnie Driver Cast as Lead Role on 'Hail Mary'
Minnie Driver will be fighting crime in CBS drama pilot "Hail Mary" which recently saw "The L Word" creator Ilene Chaiken joining as the executive producer. Driver will take the lead role as a single mom who teams up with a hustler to solve crimes as private investigators.
"Hail Mary" will be shot in Atlanta under the creative direction of Brad Siberling and using the script from Jeff Wadlow. In the production team, Chaiken joins forces with Joel Silver.
Before signing up for this pilot, Driver had circled NBC's comedy pilot "Free Agents" but the deal did not come true. She had a guest starring role on "Modern Family" and landed roles in "Conviction" and "Barney's Version".
The last time Driver was a regular of a TV show was when "The Riches" aired for two seasons in FX in 2008.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars