Minnie Driver Cast as Lead Role on 'Hail Mary'
Minnie Driver will be fighting crime in CBS drama pilot "Hail Mary" which recently saw "The L Word" creator Ilene Chaiken joining as the executive producer. Driver will take the lead role as a single mom who teams up with a hustler to solve crimes as private investigators.
"Hail Mary" will be shot in Atlanta under the creative direction of Brad Siberling and using the script from Jeff Wadlow. In the production team, Chaiken joins forces with Joel Silver.
Before signing up for this pilot, Driver had circled NBC's comedy pilot "Free Agents" but the deal did not come true. She had a guest starring role on "Modern Family" and landed roles in "Conviction" and "Barney's Version".
The last time Driver was a regular of a TV show was when "The Riches" aired for two seasons in FX in 2008.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'