Trailer Premiere for 'Desert Flower' Based on Inspiring True Story
Apple has gotten its hand on a trailer for "Desert Flower" which tells the true story of famous Somali model Waris Dirie. The video starts with a preview of her life in the desert before she moves to a modern country where she struggles to make ends meet by working in an eatery before a fashion photographer finds her.
Dirie was catapulted to fame and fortune as a high fashion model after running away from an arranged marriage at age 13. But after years of living a glamorous life, the past comes back to haunt her, and she must face the childhood trauma that forever changed her destiny.
Liya Kebede portrays Dirie, joined by Sally Hawkins, Anthony Mackie, Timothy Spall and Juliet Stevenson on the cast ensemble. This drama will make its way out in limited U.S. theaters on March 18.
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'