'The Amazing Spider-Man' May Feature Huge Battle Scene With Lizards
An interesting detail from "The Amazing Spider-Man" has allegedly been revealed. BigFanBoy (via Slash Film) reports that the movie directed by Marc Webb will include a big battle scene that could be "quite memorable".
One of the primary important crew members reportedly spilled the beans that "many of the stunt actors in the film have been spending time in heavy make-up for hours on end because of a fight scene in the film where [SPOILER ALERT!] they're turning all the S.W.A.T. team guys into reptilian creatures." The site then speculates that it might be the work of The Lizard.
Rhys Ifans has been cast as a major villain and his character is reportedly Dr. Curt Connors aka The Lizard. Irrfan Khan is tapped to play another villain, Nels Van Adder, who becomes the Proto-Goblin in the comic books. Andrew Garfield takes the titular role with Emma Stone playing his love interest Gwen Stacy.
James Vanderbilt writes the script for the upcoming July 3, 2012 release. Marvel Executive producer Avi Arad recently claimed the new "Spider-Man" movie will still tie to Sam Raimi's original trilogy, saying "It's not a comeback. You have to look at it this way: Do you want to know more about The Amazing Spider-Man? This movie is going to tell stories that you didn't see in movies 1, 2, and 3."
More The Amazing Spider-Man News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie