Kevin Costner to Play Clark Kent's Father in New 'Superman' Movie
If the latest rumor from new "Superman" movie is true, Clark Kent could find his father in Kevin Costner. Deadline Hollywood broke the news that the Oscar winner is wanted for a key role in Zack Snyder's film but they did not know the character.
Soon later, Latino Review heard from well-placed sources that Costner is offered to be Jonathan "Pa" Kent. Jonathan, along with his wife Martha Kent, discovers Kal-El's rocket which crashes to earth in the town of Smallville. They raise the boy as their own son and give him the name Clark.
The upcoming "Superman" movie, which is tentatively called "The Man of Steel", has cast Henry Cavill for the titular role. David S. Goyer is writing the script based on a story by him and Christopher Nolan. Production may be kicked off in June for possible December 2012 release schedule.
Starring in a bunch of films, Kevin Costner got two Academy Awards for directing and producing 1990 "Dances with Wolves" in which he also took a role. The 56-year-old actor/filmmaker's last starring project is "The Company Men" which opened in limited U.S. theaters in January.
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- Watch The Heffleys' Messy Road Trip in 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul' First Teaser
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time