Kevin Costner to Play Clark Kent's Father in New 'Superman' Movie
If the latest rumor from new "Superman" movie is true, Clark Kent could find his father in Kevin Costner. Deadline Hollywood broke the news that the Oscar winner is wanted for a key role in Zack Snyder's film but they did not know the character.
Soon later, Latino Review heard from well-placed sources that Costner is offered to be Jonathan "Pa" Kent. Jonathan, along with his wife Martha Kent, discovers Kal-El's rocket which crashes to earth in the town of Smallville. They raise the boy as their own son and give him the name Clark.
The upcoming "Superman" movie, which is tentatively called "The Man of Steel", has cast Henry Cavill for the titular role. David S. Goyer is writing the script based on a story by him and Christopher Nolan. Production may be kicked off in June for possible December 2012 release schedule.
Starring in a bunch of films, Kevin Costner got two Academy Awards for directing and producing 1990 "Dances with Wolves" in which he also took a role. The 56-year-old actor/filmmaker's last starring project is "The Company Men" which opened in limited U.S. theaters in January.
More Man of Steel News
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set