Kevin Costner to Play Clark Kent's Father in New 'Superman' Movie
If the latest rumor from new "Superman" movie is true, Clark Kent could find his father in Kevin Costner. Deadline Hollywood broke the news that the Oscar winner is wanted for a key role in Zack Snyder's film but they did not know the character.
Soon later, Latino Review heard from well-placed sources that Costner is offered to be Jonathan "Pa" Kent. Jonathan, along with his wife Martha Kent, discovers Kal-El's rocket which crashes to earth in the town of Smallville. They raise the boy as their own son and give him the name Clark.
The upcoming "Superman" movie, which is tentatively called "The Man of Steel", has cast Henry Cavill for the titular role. David S. Goyer is writing the script based on a story by him and Christopher Nolan. Production may be kicked off in June for possible December 2012 release schedule.
Starring in a bunch of films, Kevin Costner got two Academy Awards for directing and producing 1990 "Dances with Wolves" in which he also took a role. The 56-year-old actor/filmmaker's last starring project is "The Company Men" which opened in limited U.S. theaters in January.
More Man of Steel News
- Check Out J.Lo's Skin-Baring and Eva Longoria's Classy Looks at Billboard Latin Music Awards
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik Get Cuddly in V Magazine's 'Gigi's Journal'
- Get First Look at David Thewlis' Ares in New 'Wonder Woman' Footage
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right