New Scenes From 'Cars 2' Shared in First TV Spot
During the Daytona 500 broadcast on Sunday, February 20, Walt Disney Pictures unleashed the first TV spot for "Cars 2". Though shorter than the previously-released trailers, the one-minute snippet manages to share some never-before-seen scenes including the one featuring Mater the tow truck who is amazed by a high-tech equipped room.
In this "Cars" sequel, Mater and Lightning McQueen head overseas to compete in the first-ever World Grand Prix to determine the world's fastest car. But the road to the championship is filled with plenty of potholes, detours and hilarious surprises when Mater gets caught up in an intriguing adventure of his own: international espionage.
Torn between assisting Lightning McQueen in the high-profile race and towing the line in a top-secret spy mission, Mater's action-packed journey leads him on an explosive chase through the streets of Japan and Europe, trailed by his friends and watched by the whole world.
Larry the Cable Guy and Owen Wilson still provide the voice for Mater and McQueen respectively. Directed by "Cars" helmer John Lasseter and "Ratatouille" producer Brad Lewis, the upcoming animation will bow in U.S. theaters on June 24.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'