New Scenes From 'Cars 2' Shared in First TV Spot
During the Daytona 500 broadcast on Sunday, February 20, Walt Disney Pictures unleashed the first TV spot for "Cars 2". Though shorter than the previously-released trailers, the one-minute snippet manages to share some never-before-seen scenes including the one featuring Mater the tow truck who is amazed by a high-tech equipped room.
In this "Cars" sequel, Mater and Lightning McQueen head overseas to compete in the first-ever World Grand Prix to determine the world's fastest car. But the road to the championship is filled with plenty of potholes, detours and hilarious surprises when Mater gets caught up in an intriguing adventure of his own: international espionage.
Torn between assisting Lightning McQueen in the high-profile race and towing the line in a top-secret spy mission, Mater's action-packed journey leads him on an explosive chase through the streets of Japan and Europe, trailed by his friends and watched by the whole world.
Larry the Cable Guy and Owen Wilson still provide the voice for Mater and McQueen respectively. Directed by "Cars" helmer John Lasseter and "Ratatouille" producer Brad Lewis, the upcoming animation will bow in U.S. theaters on June 24.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance