Mike O'Malley Denies Leaving 'Glee' for New Pilot
Although he has found a project that places him on the lead, Mike O'Malley refuses to neglect the hand that feeds him. The actor who portrays Burt Hummel on "Glee" denies that he is leaving the popular musical show despite earning a job in a FOX pilot called "Family Album", saying fans of "Glee" should not worry about Kurt's father's fate.
"I hope Burt Hummel doesn't have another heart attack and die because as part of my deal, I'm guaranteed six episodes of 'Glee' next season," O'Malley said at the Ace Eddie Awards in Beverly Hills on February 19. Burt was near death in the episode "Grilled Cheesus" but he woke up from the coma and went on marrying Finn's mom.
His next episode airs Tuesday, February 22. "My upcoming scenes are with Kurt, and it's some really great stuff," he dished to TV Line. "It's the further stage of evolution of Burt needing to accept his son as who he is."
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle