Early Look at 'The Hobbit' Set Emerges
TheOneRing.net has gotten its hand on some photos from "The Hobbit" studio in Miramar, New Zealand. Showing the incomplete set as it is still under construction, the images are believed to be giving an early look at Moria or The Lonely Mountain while the movie is yet to kick off production.
According to Wikipedia, Moria comprises a vast network of tunnels, chambers, mines and huge halls or 'mansions', that ran under and ultimately through the Misty Mountains. There, for many thousands of years, lived the Dwarf clan known as the Longbeards.
The Lonely Mountain, meanwhile, is the dwarven stronghold with large amounts of gold and treasure-which attracted Smaug, the dragon, to the mountain. In J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit", Bilbo Baggins and a group of dwarves travel to The Lonely Mountain to reclaim a treasure from the dragon Smaug.
After several delays, "The Hobbit" will now start shooting on March 21. Aidan Turner who will portray Kili recently told Entertainment Weekly that he has been joining physical training for the movie and growing his beard to resemble the dwarf.
Martin Freeman takes the lead role of Bilbo, with other officially announced actors including Ian McKellen, Richard Armitage, Cate Blanchett, Andy Serkis, Sylvester McCoy and Elijah Wood. Peter Jackson is set to serve behind the lens for the two-part adventure movie.
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Erin Andrews Shares Marvelous Photos of 'Fairytale' Wedding to Jarret Stoll
- Calvin Harris Shares Track List of New Album, Teases New Video With Katy Perry and Pharrell
- Report: Chris Brown and Quavo's Feud Is Far From Over
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Gets TV Premiere Date. See New Stunning Poster!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise': DeMario Details Wild Night With Corinne in First Interview Post-Scandal
- Remy Ma 'Ecstatic' After Breaking Nicki Minaj's Winning Streak at BET Awards
- 'Castle Rock' Casts Jane Levy and Sissy Spacek