Early Look at 'The Hobbit' Set Emerges
TheOneRing.net has gotten its hand on some photos from "The Hobbit" studio in Miramar, New Zealand. Showing the incomplete set as it is still under construction, the images are believed to be giving an early look at Moria or The Lonely Mountain while the movie is yet to kick off production.
According to Wikipedia, Moria comprises a vast network of tunnels, chambers, mines and huge halls or 'mansions', that ran under and ultimately through the Misty Mountains. There, for many thousands of years, lived the Dwarf clan known as the Longbeards.
The Lonely Mountain, meanwhile, is the dwarven stronghold with large amounts of gold and treasure-which attracted Smaug, the dragon, to the mountain. In J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit", Bilbo Baggins and a group of dwarves travel to The Lonely Mountain to reclaim a treasure from the dragon Smaug.
After several delays, "The Hobbit" will now start shooting on March 21. Aidan Turner who will portray Kili recently told Entertainment Weekly that he has been joining physical training for the movie and growing his beard to resemble the dwarf.
Martin Freeman takes the lead role of Bilbo, with other officially announced actors including Ian McKellen, Richard Armitage, Cate Blanchett, Andy Serkis, Sylvester McCoy and Elijah Wood. Peter Jackson is set to serve behind the lens for the two-part adventure movie.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour