Report: Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole Leave U.K. 'X Factor'
Simon Cowell is really channeling all his energy to the American version of "The X Factor". The music mogul has reportedly informed ITV of his resignation as the judge on the U.K. show, effective from the upcoming season. "The X Factor (US)" will premiere in September this year.
Cowell allegedly told ITV chief Peter Fincham, "I'm committed to the American show and I'm not going to do both." And Cowell won't be the only one because Cheryl Cole, who is reportedly on Cowell's list as his partner for the U.S. version, is also making an exit.
A source told News of the World that the network is concerned about the departure of these two, saying "There will be massive shake-up. Simon is a huge, huge loss. He gives the judging panel such authority and there are big fears that millions will switch off without him. And two million extra viewers tuned in when Cheryl joined the panel. To lose her as well is a nightmare."
Furthermore, ITV is making sure that Dannii Minogue and Louis Walsh will not follow the same route by cranking up their salaries up to BPS1.2 million. Also, the network has been looking for a replacement, and two names which have popped up on their list are Robbie Williams and Adele.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna