Report: Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole Leave U.K. 'X Factor'
Simon Cowell is really channeling all his energy to the American version of "The X Factor". The music mogul has reportedly informed ITV of his resignation as the judge on the U.K. show, effective from the upcoming season. "The X Factor (US)" will premiere in September this year.
Cowell allegedly told ITV chief Peter Fincham, "I'm committed to the American show and I'm not going to do both." And Cowell won't be the only one because Cheryl Cole, who is reportedly on Cowell's list as his partner for the U.S. version, is also making an exit.
A source told News of the World that the network is concerned about the departure of these two, saying "There will be massive shake-up. Simon is a huge, huge loss. He gives the judging panel such authority and there are big fears that millions will switch off without him. And two million extra viewers tuned in when Cheryl joined the panel. To lose her as well is a nightmare."
Furthermore, ITV is making sure that Dannii Minogue and Louis Walsh will not follow the same route by cranking up their salaries up to BPS1.2 million. Also, the network has been looking for a replacement, and two names which have popped up on their list are Robbie Williams and Adele.
More The X Factor News
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Continue Their Love Affair With a Trip to Mall