'Horrific' Murder Scene in 'Amanda Knox' Cut
A last minute decision has been made for "Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy", a Lifetime movie based on the murder trial of American student Amanda Knox in Italy. According to a British media report, the TV movie, which is set to debut on Monday, February 21 at 9 P.M., has cut the blood-curdling murder scene.
This allegedly was done because Knox's family has been taunting the network to cancel the plan to air the movie while Knox is in the midst of appealing her murder conviction through the Italian court system. Knox is convicted last year for the killing of Meredith Kercher, her roommate while studying in a university in Perugia, Italy.
Rather than not airing the movie at all, it looks like Lifetime is reducing the risk. After all, Kercher's family also objects to the scene, calling it "absolutely horrific" after watching it in the trailer. As a result, the trailer has now been pulled down as well from some websites.
The talked about scene involves the actress portraying Kercher, screaming and writhing as she is held down and stabbed to death. The actors who play Knox and the other two convicted murderers, Rafaelle Sollecito and Rudy Guede, were present. The final editing no longer has the scene but there's still the part where Guede is in panic as blood pours out from Kercher's neck.
Hayden Panettiere, who portrays Knox, has previously encouraged Knox's family to watch the movie because it doesn't pin point Knox as the murderer. The film leaves holes in the accounts and explanations of their innocence but it also leaves doubt whether she's the killer.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal