'Horrific' Murder Scene in 'Amanda Knox' Cut
A last minute decision has been made for "Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy", a Lifetime movie based on the murder trial of American student Amanda Knox in Italy. According to a British media report, the TV movie, which is set to debut on Monday, February 21 at 9 P.M., has cut the blood-curdling murder scene.
This allegedly was done because Knox's family has been taunting the network to cancel the plan to air the movie while Knox is in the midst of appealing her murder conviction through the Italian court system. Knox is convicted last year for the killing of Meredith Kercher, her roommate while studying in a university in Perugia, Italy.
Rather than not airing the movie at all, it looks like Lifetime is reducing the risk. After all, Kercher's family also objects to the scene, calling it "absolutely horrific" after watching it in the trailer. As a result, the trailer has now been pulled down as well from some websites.
The talked about scene involves the actress portraying Kercher, screaming and writhing as she is held down and stabbed to death. The actors who play Knox and the other two convicted murderers, Rafaelle Sollecito and Rudy Guede, were present. The final editing no longer has the scene but there's still the part where Guede is in panic as blood pours out from Kercher's neck.
Hayden Panettiere, who portrays Knox, has previously encouraged Knox's family to watch the movie because it doesn't pin point Knox as the murderer. The film leaves holes in the accounts and explanations of their innocence but it also leaves doubt whether she's the killer.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3