'Glee' Cast Kathy Griffin and Loretta Devine, No Sarah Palin
"Glee" has tapped Kathy Griffin and Loretta Devine to be the judges at the upcoming Regionals. The casting news comes on the heels of a casting breakdown that the show was looking for actresses to play a Sarah Palin-type of woman and a stripper-turned-nun.
The call sheet describes the character Tammy Jean as "a recent Tea Party candidate and home schooler - a real Sarah Palin type." However TV Line's source said the character "isn't really anything like the controversial former Alaskan governor."
It was first thought to be based on Palin since co-creator Ryan Murphy once said that he's meant to bring over such character. "We've taken a couple of jabs at the right wing this year, so what I want to do with this character is have someone who Christian kids and parents can recognize and say, 'Oh look-I'm represented there too!' " he told TV Guide.
Meanwhile, Devine's character is exactly like what the papers describe. She's Sister Mary Constance, a middle-aged African-American and exotic dancer-turned-Carmelite Nun.
Shooting for the unknown episode reportedly will take place as immediate as Tuesday.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen