'Glee' Cast Kathy Griffin and Loretta Devine, No Sarah Palin
"Glee" has tapped Kathy Griffin and Loretta Devine to be the judges at the upcoming Regionals. The casting news comes on the heels of a casting breakdown that the show was looking for actresses to play a Sarah Palin-type of woman and a stripper-turned-nun.
The call sheet describes the character Tammy Jean as "a recent Tea Party candidate and home schooler - a real Sarah Palin type." However TV Line's source said the character "isn't really anything like the controversial former Alaskan governor."
It was first thought to be based on Palin since co-creator Ryan Murphy once said that he's meant to bring over such character. "We've taken a couple of jabs at the right wing this year, so what I want to do with this character is have someone who Christian kids and parents can recognize and say, 'Oh look-I'm represented there too!' " he told TV Guide.
Meanwhile, Devine's character is exactly like what the papers describe. She's Sister Mary Constance, a middle-aged African-American and exotic dancer-turned-Carmelite Nun.
Shooting for the unknown episode reportedly will take place as immediate as Tuesday.
- Is Hailey Baldwin Dating Kendall Jenner's Ex Jordan Clarkson?
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo