'Glee' Cast Kathy Griffin and Loretta Devine, No Sarah Palin
"Glee" has tapped Kathy Griffin and Loretta Devine to be the judges at the upcoming Regionals. The casting news comes on the heels of a casting breakdown that the show was looking for actresses to play a Sarah Palin-type of woman and a stripper-turned-nun.
The call sheet describes the character Tammy Jean as "a recent Tea Party candidate and home schooler - a real Sarah Palin type." However TV Line's source said the character "isn't really anything like the controversial former Alaskan governor."
It was first thought to be based on Palin since co-creator Ryan Murphy once said that he's meant to bring over such character. "We've taken a couple of jabs at the right wing this year, so what I want to do with this character is have someone who Christian kids and parents can recognize and say, 'Oh look-I'm represented there too!' " he told TV Guide.
Meanwhile, Devine's character is exactly like what the papers describe. She's Sister Mary Constance, a middle-aged African-American and exotic dancer-turned-Carmelite Nun.
Shooting for the unknown episode reportedly will take place as immediate as Tuesday.
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full