'Glee' Cast Kathy Griffin and Loretta Devine, No Sarah Palin
"Glee" has tapped Kathy Griffin and Loretta Devine to be the judges at the upcoming Regionals. The casting news comes on the heels of a casting breakdown that the show was looking for actresses to play a Sarah Palin-type of woman and a stripper-turned-nun.
The call sheet describes the character Tammy Jean as "a recent Tea Party candidate and home schooler - a real Sarah Palin type." However TV Line's source said the character "isn't really anything like the controversial former Alaskan governor."
It was first thought to be based on Palin since co-creator Ryan Murphy once said that he's meant to bring over such character. "We've taken a couple of jabs at the right wing this year, so what I want to do with this character is have someone who Christian kids and parents can recognize and say, 'Oh look-I'm represented there too!' " he told TV Guide.
Meanwhile, Devine's character is exactly like what the papers describe. She's Sister Mary Constance, a middle-aged African-American and exotic dancer-turned-Carmelite Nun.
Shooting for the unknown episode reportedly will take place as immediate as Tuesday.
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up
- Steve Harvey Announces Daughter's Engagement Amid Career Mess
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan Will Be Missing Several Episodes of Season 8
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 14 Continues With New York Auditions
- Kelly Osbourne Pees Herself After Denied Entry to Starbucks