'Glee' Cast Kathy Griffin and Loretta Devine, No Sarah Palin
"Glee" has tapped Kathy Griffin and Loretta Devine to be the judges at the upcoming Regionals. The casting news comes on the heels of a casting breakdown that the show was looking for actresses to play a Sarah Palin-type of woman and a stripper-turned-nun.
The call sheet describes the character Tammy Jean as "a recent Tea Party candidate and home schooler - a real Sarah Palin type." However TV Line's source said the character "isn't really anything like the controversial former Alaskan governor."
It was first thought to be based on Palin since co-creator Ryan Murphy once said that he's meant to bring over such character. "We've taken a couple of jabs at the right wing this year, so what I want to do with this character is have someone who Christian kids and parents can recognize and say, 'Oh look-I'm represented there too!' " he told TV Guide.
Meanwhile, Devine's character is exactly like what the papers describe. She's Sister Mary Constance, a middle-aged African-American and exotic dancer-turned-Carmelite Nun.
Shooting for the unknown episode reportedly will take place as immediate as Tuesday.
More Glee News
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host