David Archuleta Axed by Jive Records: I'm Excited of What the Future Holds
David Archuleta is no longer under the umbrella of Jive Records. The 2008 runner-up of "American Idol", who sold almost a million copies of CDs worldwide with his self-titled debut album, is confirmed by Jive spokesperson to have been "released from [their] roster," according to The Hollywood Reporter.
On the day when the news surfaced, Archie took it to his Twitter to share a short message, "Decisions.. They are scary things before knowing what could happen after you make them." The 20-year-old singer, who is gifted with boyish look and irresistible voice, continued, "But I'm excited for what the future holds."
A far cry from his impressive debut, Archie could only garner 67,000 copies as of February 18 with his sophomore set "The Other Side of Down", according to Nielsen SoundScan. While its predecessor "David Archuleta" peaked at No. 2 on Billboard Hot 200 when it was released in November 2008, the second album only reached No. 13 on the U.S. albums chart last year.
David Archuleta was one of fans' and judges' favorites in the "American Idol" season 7. He was predicted early as a winner, but eventually lost it to David Cook. He received 44 percent of more than 97 million votes.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen