David Archuleta Axed by Jive Records: I'm Excited of What the Future Holds
David Archuleta is no longer under the umbrella of Jive Records. The 2008 runner-up of "American Idol", who sold almost a million copies of CDs worldwide with his self-titled debut album, is confirmed by Jive spokesperson to have been "released from [their] roster," according to The Hollywood Reporter.
On the day when the news surfaced, Archie took it to his Twitter to share a short message, "Decisions.. They are scary things before knowing what could happen after you make them." The 20-year-old singer, who is gifted with boyish look and irresistible voice, continued, "But I'm excited for what the future holds."
A far cry from his impressive debut, Archie could only garner 67,000 copies as of February 18 with his sophomore set "The Other Side of Down", according to Nielsen SoundScan. While its predecessor "David Archuleta" peaked at No. 2 on Billboard Hot 200 when it was released in November 2008, the second album only reached No. 13 on the U.S. albums chart last year.
David Archuleta was one of fans' and judges' favorites in the "American Idol" season 7. He was predicted early as a winner, but eventually lost it to David Cook. He received 44 percent of more than 97 million votes.
More David Archuleta News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage