Kiefer Sutherland May Have Found His TV Comeback Pilot
Kiefer Sutherland became one of the most-sought actors for a TV pilot since "24" ended its eight seasons run last year. He has now reportedly landed his choice in another FOX project called "Touch".
Spearheaded by "Heroes" creator Tim Kring, "Touch" centers on a father who discovers that his mute, autistic son can actually predict events before they happen. Sutherland is set to take the role of the father.
However, THR said that the actor is still in early talks and "a deal could fall through due to his schedule." Sutherland is committed to a Broadway play "That Championship Season" which began its previews last week.
Moreover, Sutherland previously told NY Times that he found a purpose in doing a stage performance. "For the first time in nine years I'm going to have a chance to do whatever I want," he said. "For me this play was too complicated, too challenging not to have a run at it ...there's nothing like being in New York with a sense of purpose."
20th Century Fox TV is producing the Kring project for FOX. Kring is executive producing with Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance