'American Idol': Casey Abrams & Clint Jun Gamboa Wow in 3rd Hollywood Night
In the third Hollywood night, "American Idol" allows the remaining contestants to experiment with music instruments and sing along the house band. Two interesting takes on the same song appeared when Casey Abrams and Clint Jun Gamboa picked "Georgia on My Mind" as their ticket to Las Vegas round.
Abrams, who becomes the judges' early favorite, showed his skill in double bass, twisting the Ray Charles song to soulful jazz. "You're breaking a new ground my friend," host Ryan Seacrest said on the backstage before Casey got up on stage. This is the first time that the classical instrument is brought on Hollywood week.
Casey's performance drew different reactions from the judges. Jennifer Lopez smiled, Randy Jackson laughed as Casey began the high notes and Steven Tyler added a scream in the middle of the song.
Meanwhile, Clint's version was closer to Ray's with all the wails and the high-end notes. Despite a slight unpopularity which he gained the previous night for kicking out Jacee Badeaux from his group, Clint delivered a performance that made Randy squealed, "wooooo".
These two stand-outs were separated into two rooms but both of their groups made it through. Instead of 50 like previously reported, 60 of them advanced to the next round where they would be challenged with The Beatles songs and wilted down to 24.
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen