'American Idol': Casey Abrams & Clint Jun Gamboa Wow in 3rd Hollywood Night
In the third Hollywood night, "American Idol" allows the remaining contestants to experiment with music instruments and sing along the house band. Two interesting takes on the same song appeared when Casey Abrams and Clint Jun Gamboa picked "Georgia on My Mind" as their ticket to Las Vegas round.
Abrams, who becomes the judges' early favorite, showed his skill in double bass, twisting the Ray Charles song to soulful jazz. "You're breaking a new ground my friend," host Ryan Seacrest said on the backstage before Casey got up on stage. This is the first time that the classical instrument is brought on Hollywood week.
Casey's performance drew different reactions from the judges. Jennifer Lopez smiled, Randy Jackson laughed as Casey began the high notes and Steven Tyler added a scream in the middle of the song.
Meanwhile, Clint's version was closer to Ray's with all the wails and the high-end notes. Despite a slight unpopularity which he gained the previous night for kicking out Jacee Badeaux from his group, Clint delivered a performance that made Randy squealed, "wooooo".
These two stand-outs were separated into two rooms but both of their groups made it through. Instead of 50 like previously reported, 60 of them advanced to the next round where they would be challenged with The Beatles songs and wilted down to 24.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other