'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' Finds His Wife in Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Mary Elizabeth Winstead is getting the honor of playing Honest Abe's wife in "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter". The "Bobby" star has been cast as Mary Todd in the period vampire adventure from 20th Century Fox, The Hollywood Reporter says.
Accordingly, she will share screen with Benjamin Walker who has been tapped to portray Abe. Dominic Cooper lands role as Henry Sturges who mentors and trains Lincoln in the ways of vampire hunting, while Anthony Mackie is cast for another part.
The story, based on Seth Graham-Smith's novel, sees the 16th president of the U.S. learning that his mother was killed by a supernatural predator. Taking revenge, Lincoln becomes an axe-throwing, highly accomplished killer of vampires and their slave-owning allies.
Timur Bekmambetov has signed up to the direct "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" which will be his first directed movie after helming successful "Wanted (2008)". Seth Grahame-Smith provides the script and Fox plans to release the horror thriller film on June 22, 2012.
Mary Elizabeth Winstead recently starred in "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World". She has been reported among the contenders to play Lois Lane in "The Man of Steel", but the official casting announcement has not been made yet. Her next starring film is "The Thing" which is due October 14 in the U.S.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story