'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' Finds His Wife in Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Mary Elizabeth Winstead is getting the honor of playing Honest Abe's wife in "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter". The "Bobby" star has been cast as Mary Todd in the period vampire adventure from 20th Century Fox, The Hollywood Reporter says.
Accordingly, she will share screen with Benjamin Walker who has been tapped to portray Abe. Dominic Cooper lands role as Henry Sturges who mentors and trains Lincoln in the ways of vampire hunting, while Anthony Mackie is cast for another part.
The story, based on Seth Graham-Smith's novel, sees the 16th president of the U.S. learning that his mother was killed by a supernatural predator. Taking revenge, Lincoln becomes an axe-throwing, highly accomplished killer of vampires and their slave-owning allies.
Timur Bekmambetov has signed up to the direct "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" which will be his first directed movie after helming successful "Wanted (2008)". Seth Grahame-Smith provides the script and Fox plans to release the horror thriller film on June 22, 2012.
Mary Elizabeth Winstead recently starred in "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World". She has been reported among the contenders to play Lois Lane in "The Man of Steel", but the official casting announcement has not been made yet. Her next starring film is "The Thing" which is due October 14 in the U.S.
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App