'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' Finds His Wife in Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Mary Elizabeth Winstead is getting the honor of playing Honest Abe's wife in "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter". The "Bobby" star has been cast as Mary Todd in the period vampire adventure from 20th Century Fox, The Hollywood Reporter says.
Accordingly, she will share screen with Benjamin Walker who has been tapped to portray Abe. Dominic Cooper lands role as Henry Sturges who mentors and trains Lincoln in the ways of vampire hunting, while Anthony Mackie is cast for another part.
The story, based on Seth Graham-Smith's novel, sees the 16th president of the U.S. learning that his mother was killed by a supernatural predator. Taking revenge, Lincoln becomes an axe-throwing, highly accomplished killer of vampires and their slave-owning allies.
Timur Bekmambetov has signed up to the direct "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" which will be his first directed movie after helming successful "Wanted (2008)". Seth Grahame-Smith provides the script and Fox plans to release the horror thriller film on June 22, 2012.
Mary Elizabeth Winstead recently starred in "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World". She has been reported among the contenders to play Lois Lane in "The Man of Steel", but the official casting announcement has not been made yet. Her next starring film is "The Thing" which is due October 14 in the U.S.
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6