Madonna Denies Approving Lady GaGa's 'Born This Way'
Madonna never sent any approval letter to Lady GaGa concerning "Born This Way" which has similarities to her singles, her rep told CNN. Contrary to what the Mother Monster said on "The Jay Leno Show" earlier this week, the Material Girl insisted she is oblivious to the email GaGa claimed she has received.
Back to GaGa's chat with Jay Leno about the single, the singer didn't bother to deny the similarities and revealed about Madonna's support. "There is really no one that is a more adoring and loving Madonna fan than me. I am the hugest fan personally and professionally," she said. "Well, the good news is that I got an email from her people and her, sending me their love and complete support on behalf of the single and if the queen says it shall be, then it shall be."
Beside Madonna, she also named, in Billboard magazine, Whitney Houston as her inspiration, "Harkening back to the early '90s when Madonna, En Vogue, Whitney Houston and TLC were making very empowering music for women and the gay community...the lyrics and the melodies were very poignant and very gospel and very spiritual. I said, 'That's the kind of record I need to make'."
Regardless the confusion between GaGa and Madonna's camps, "Born This Way" sells strong in its first week of release with 448,000 downloads. The so-called new gay anthem soars to No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100, becoming the chart's 1,000th No. 1 in its 53-year-history and breaking Britney Spears' "Hold It Against Me" record (411,000).
More Madonna News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'