Madonna Denies Approving Lady GaGa's 'Born This Way'
Madonna never sent any approval letter to Lady GaGa concerning "Born This Way" which has similarities to her singles, her rep told CNN. Contrary to what the Mother Monster said on "The Jay Leno Show" earlier this week, the Material Girl insisted she is oblivious to the email GaGa claimed she has received.
Back to GaGa's chat with Jay Leno about the single, the singer didn't bother to deny the similarities and revealed about Madonna's support. "There is really no one that is a more adoring and loving Madonna fan than me. I am the hugest fan personally and professionally," she said. "Well, the good news is that I got an email from her people and her, sending me their love and complete support on behalf of the single and if the queen says it shall be, then it shall be."
Beside Madonna, she also named, in Billboard magazine, Whitney Houston as her inspiration, "Harkening back to the early '90s when Madonna, En Vogue, Whitney Houston and TLC were making very empowering music for women and the gay community...the lyrics and the melodies were very poignant and very gospel and very spiritual. I said, 'That's the kind of record I need to make'."
Regardless the confusion between GaGa and Madonna's camps, "Born This Way" sells strong in its first week of release with 448,000 downloads. The so-called new gay anthem soars to No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100, becoming the chart's 1,000th No. 1 in its 53-year-history and breaking Britney Spears' "Hold It Against Me" record (411,000).
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child