Mila Kunis to Play Wicked Witch in Sam Raimi's 'Oz', James Franco Signs Up
Mila Kunis and James Franco are going to team up for "Oz, the Great and Powerful", if the latest report from New York Magazine's Vulture is true. The site reports the 27-year-old actress is attached to portray Theodorah, the younger sister of Evanorah who goes on to become the Wicked Witch of the West in the adventure story.
As Kunis is lured to become part of the project, Franco allegedly has also agreed to take the key role of Oz. The Oscar-nominated actor was mentioned for the part earlier this month after Johnny Depp passed on it. Robert Downey Jr. was initially expected to take the lead role but he dropped out of the project, which has Sam Raimi on board to direct, in early this year.
According to Vulture, Kunis was also offered to star in "Akira" as Kei, the love-interest of main character Kaneda. But since there is still no start date for the big screen adaptation of the famous manga, the "Black Swan" beauty allegedly chose to take on "Oz, the Great and Powerful" which will kick off production in July.
"Oz, the Great and Powerful" will serve as a prequel to 1939 "The Wizard of Oz". The story begins as a young illusionist from Omaha with a grandiose attitude is forced to flee a traveling circus. His hot air balloon is swept up by a tornado to the land of Oz, which is run by two magical wicked witches. Mitchell Kapner has written the script for the movie.
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack